Salvation Army child care centers offer affordable, safe environments for parents to help their children learn from a very young age through kindergarten. We currently have two child care centers in our division.
Sayreach Academy- (Latchkey)
1000 Oregon St.
Child Care Center
210 Spalding Ave.
Salvation Army emergency shelters, and transitional living centers provide housing on a temporary basis for varying amounts of time. They:
- serve the homeless by providing food and overnight lodging.
- provide educational, counseling and vocational services to homeless and destitute individuals and families for extended periods.
- address short-term specific issues for women and families. Education, counseling, job training, life skills and specific training seek to meet the needs of each accoring to their circumstances.
Family service programs help families and needy individuals with emergency food, housing, utility assistance and other temporal needs.
Salvation Army programs vary with local needs. For information on specific programs and locations, contact your local Salvation Army. Here are the shelters and programs available across the Heartland Division.
- Bloomington, IL- 61701 Safe Harbor 212 N. Roosevelt (309) 829-7399
- Champaign, IL- 61820
Stepping Stone Shelter
119-123 E. University (217) 373-7830
- Decatur, IL-62523
229 W. Main (217) 429-8050
- Kankakee, IL-60901
Emergency Family Service Center
148 N. Harrison (815) 932-3919 (womens) (815) 933-1603 (mens)
- Quad Cities/Davenport, IA-52803
Family Service Center
301 W. 6th St. (563) 324-4808
- Pekin IL -61554
- Peoria, IL-61603
Family Shelter (309) 655-7272
417 N.E. Adams/ Sylvia Fites Family Services Center - 414 NE Jefferson St.
- Springfield, IL-62702
Carpenter's Shop Shelter
530 N. 6th St. (217) 391-0421
- Waterloo, IA-50703
Men's Shelter-229 Logan Ave. (319) 232-6336
Women's Shelter-218 Logan Ave(319)232-0397 Transitional Housing (319) 236-0058