Our programs are made possible because of generous donors that give back to their communities in a variety of ways.
You choose what your donations go towards helping, and all of your generosity is guaranteed to stay in our communities to do the most good.
Donate Goods / Shop Our Store
The goods you donate and the money you spend in Salvation Army Stores fund programs that heal broken lives. Find a store.
Safe Harbor is always in need of volunteers to prepare and serve the dinner meal. This helps with the demands on staff and to defray costs. If you are interested in preparing and serving a meal, please contact Anne Clementz at (309) 829-9476 ext 219.
Financial contributions also help to reduce the cost placed upon The Salvation Army and Safe Harbor. 35% of Safe Harbor funding comes from the contributions of private individuals; financial donations are always welcome.
Gifts can be mailed to 601 W. Washington Street, Bloomington Illinois 61701.
Current Needs List
- Coffee, Napkins*, - Oven mitts, pot holders, Dish liquid, dish towels
- Laundry detergent*, Bathroom cleanser, Bleach*, Garbage bags, 40-45 gallons*
- Personal hygiene products (razors, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, foot powder, lotion, etc)
- Towels, especially face towels
- Toilet paper*, Non-Latex gloves, Kitchen serving gloves, White copy machine paper*
- Gift cards to Sam's Club or WalMart*
*Items needed most
Please call (309) 829-9476 ext 214 if you would like more information about the needs of
Safe Harbor or e-mail the Shelter Director.