EMERGENCY DISASTER SERVICES 101
Saturday, April 1st, 2023
9:30 aM - 3:30 PM
The Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Response Team plays a crucial role in disaster response efforts by offering basic needs when disaster strikes.
If you are interested in being an local EMERGENCY DISASTER RESPONSE VOLUNTEER, you are invited to join us for this FREE Introductory certification course. We will offer this course once a year, and additional courses almost quarterly for various certifications and areas of volunteer interest.
This class will also include Safe From Harm training which is required for all regular Salvation Army volunteers and staff, but also available to any partner agencies that also work with any vulnerable population including first responders, shelter staff, and local emergency management.
If you have already taken one of these courses, but need the second (SFH or EDS):
- Emergency Disaster Introduction: 9:30am-1:30pm
- Safe From Harm: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
1. Create an online profile HERE
2. Confirm your attendance via EMAIL or call (217) 607-9445. Please include your full name and confirm that you have completed your EDS profile (above - you will not receive a certificate, photo badge, or be active in any initiatives without completing your online profile and this introductory course).
Once completed, you'll receive your National Emergency Disaster Response Certificate, a personalized photo badge, and you'll be part of a nationally recognized emergency disaster response team.
We will offer additional free EDS training classes each quarter, (except quarter 4), available for those who have completed both the 101 & SFH class.
- Including incident management
- Canteen operations
- Food service
- Emotional & spiritual care
- Basic first aid and CPR training.
You can help us spread the word by printing a flier / hand out HERE.
Thank you for volunteering to serve those in need.