Metro Detroit Media Personalities Getting Ready To Ring Bells for a Good Cause
SOUTHFIELD, Mich. (Dec. 6, 2019) — Red kettle locations around metro Detroit are manned and ready for bell ringers this Christmas season, especially on Saturday, Dec. 7 – when The Salvation Army of Metro Detroit hosts its 7th annual Celebrity Bell Ringer Day.
From 10 a.m. until noon, more than 60 media personalities from Detroit-area television, radio and print media outlets will be providing the sights and sounds that have resonated with metro Detroiters for decades when they ring the bell at one of The Salvation Army’s iconic red kettles. They will also be staying cozy and comfortable for two hours thanks to WellnessMats, the number one preferred anti-fatigue mat on the market. These ultra-soft mats provide an ergonomic solution for people who stand in place for any given length of time. The Troy-based company has generously donated hundreds of these to The Salvation Army’s 2019 Red Kettle Campaign; one mat will be present at all 350-plus red kettle locations in metro Detroit this Christmas season.
During Celebrity Bell Ringer Day, members of the community are encouraged to visit the nearly 40 storefront kettles in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties to meet, and maybe even snap a selfie with, their favorite personality. Supporters are also encouraged to ask for autographs, in exchange for a cash or Kettle Pay donation.
The following celebrities will be ringing to fill kettles at the following locations:
- April Moss at JCPenney Lakeside Mall, 14200 Lakeside Circle in Sterling Heights
- Karen Carter at Kroger, 39950 W. 14 Mile Rd. in Commerce Township
- Andrew Humphrey at Kroger, 16919 Kercheval Ave. in Grosse Pointe Park
- Kila Peeples at Kroger, 25780 Middlebelt Rd. in Farmington Hills
- Priya Mann and Shawn Ley at Kroger, 1237 Coolidge Hwy. in Troy
- Charlie Langton and Rich Luterman at Macy’s Oakland Mall (14 Mile Rd. Entrance), 412 W. 14 Mile Rd. in Troy
- Dave Spencer and Hilary Golston at Kroger, 4888 N. Adams Rd. in Rochester
- Derek Kevra and Maurielle Lue at Macy’s Twelve Oaks Mall (South Door), 27550 Novi Rd. in Novi
- Erika Erickson, Jessica Dupnack and Kellie Rowe at Walmart, 2001. W. Maple Rd. in Troy
- Huel Perkins, Monica Gayle and Sherry Margolis at Kroger, 3600 W. Maple Rd. in Bloomfield Hills
- Robin Murdoch and Jill Washburn at Hollywood Market, 714 N. Main St. in Royal Oak
- Ryan Ermanni and M.L. Elrick at Village Market, 18330 Mack Ave. in Grosse Pointe
- Alicia Smith and Keenan Smith at Kroger, 685 E. Maple Rd. in Birmingham
- Andrea Isom at Busch’s Market, 33300 W. 14 Mile Rd. in West Bloomfield Twp.
- Brian Abel at Kroger, 17447 Haggerty Rd. in Northville
- Carolyn Clifford and Dave Lewallen at Kroger, 4099 Telegraph in Bloomfield Hills
- “Big Jim” O’Brien at Kroger, 39950 W. 14 Mile Rd. in Commerce Twp.
- Donnie and Joel at Kroger, 36430 Ford Rd. in Westland
- Erin Vermeulen at Macy’s Lakeside Mall, 14200 Lakeside Circle in Sterling Heights
- Paul Buck at Kroger, 20730 Pontiac Trail in South Lyon
- Ryan Logan “Producer Ryan” at Kroger, 26400 Ford Rd. in Dearborn Heights
- Blaine Fowler, Lauren Crocker, Matt Laurinec and Dave Fuller at Macy’s Twelve Oaks Mall (West Door), 27550 Novi Rd. in Novi
- Angie Starr at Kroger, 23101 John R. Rd. in Hazel Park
- Josh Brubaker at Macy’s Twelve Oaks Mall (West Door), 27550 Novi Rd. in Novi
- Kirby Gwen at Kroger, 20903 Harper Ave. in Harper Woods
- Krissy T. at Sam’s Club, 31020 John R. Rd. in Madison Heights
- Trudi Daniels at Kroger, 37550 W. 12 Mile Rd. in Farmington Hills
- DJ Dinero and Nikki Vaughn at Kroger, 15455 N. Haggerty Rd. in Plymouth
- Tune Up Man at Kroger, 23101 John R. Rd. in Hazel Park
- Areal Collins at Kroger, 20903 Harper Ave. in Harper Woods
- Beau Daniels and Pam Rossi at Busch’s Market, 225 S. Canton Center Rd. in Canton
- Joanne Purtan at Kroger, 425 Center St. in Northville
- Steve Kostan at Kroger, 37550 W. 12 Mile Rd. in Farmington Hills
- Screamin’ Scott at Kroger, 20891 E. 13 Mile Rd. in Roseville
- Brooke Allen at Hollywood Market, 714 N. Main St. in Royal Oak
- Rob Davidek at Kroger, 33523 W. 8 Mile Rd. in Livonia
- Tom Jordan at Kroger, 20730 Pontiac Trail in South Lyon
- Mike Stone at Kroger, 25780 Middlebelt Rd. in Farmington Hills
- Holly Hutton at JCPenney Lakeside Mall, 14200 Lakeside Circle in Sterling Heights
- Cadillac Jack, Rachael Hunter and Sarah Thomas at JCPenney (2nd floor), Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi
- Rob Stone at Kroger, 31200 Schoenherr Rd. in Warren
- Gina Joseph at Kroger, 22332 E. 9 Mile Rd. in St. Clair Shores
Media personalities are subject to change.
“The Salvation Army enjoys the incredible support we get from the media in metro Detroit, and we always enjoy having some of our favorite personalities come out and ring at red kettles every year,” said Major Timothy Meyer, general secretary and metro Detroit area commander for The Salvation Army Eastern Michigan Division. “We really appreciate these folks taking the time to help us this season by donating just two hours of their time; I know they are very busy, and I cannot tell you how appreciative The Salvation Army is of their ongoing love for our organization.”
Donations collected through the Red Kettle Campaign benefit local families and individuals in the communities they are given.
To make a tax-deductible contribution to The Salvation Army’s 2019 Red Kettle Campaign:
- Visit salmich.org
- Tap any red kettle to donate via Apple or Google Pay
- Donate cash in a red kettle
- Call 877-SAL-MICH
- Send a check made payable to The Salvation Army, to: 16130 Northland Dr., Southfield, MI 48075
About The Salvation Army
Founded by William and Catherine Booth in London, England in 1865, The Salvation Army is a faith-based, non-profit organization dedicated to serving people in need without discrimination. This past year, The Salvation Army of Metro Detroit was involved in providing 2,493,786 meals and 573,968 nights of shelter for the homeless. The Salvation Army uses $.87 of every dollar raised to provide direct services to people in need each and every day of the year. For more information about The Salvation Army, please call 877-SAL-MICH, or visit us at salmich.org.