Types of Assistance


November through June, Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) funds, PeopleCare Bill Credits and Matching Funds are available for utility bills and Consumer Energy bills from our main office.


Those needing groceries are given a food voucher, based on the size of the family. We notify each party that we do not provide alcohol, tobacco products of lottery tickets.


Referrals should be made to local emergency shelters, or if one is not available, to a moderately priced motel for up to three nights.


Bus tickets may be purchased for destinations within the state of Michigan. We do not transport across state lines.

Rent or Mortgage

Those needing help with rent or foreclosure will also be able to receive assistance.

Fire Assistance

Clothing, furniture and household items may be supplied to fire victims by contacting our administrative office.