With Your Help, Hope Blooms in Fond du Lac
When William & Catherine Booth saw all those who needed them in 1865, they knew it would take an ‘army’ of support to grow the garden of service to meet need and mend broken spirits. Today, the seeds of kindness the Booths sowed 155 years ago have taken root in 130 countries.
The Salvation Army of Fond du Lac is truly blessed with community partners who help without hesitation. In 2019, these community partners helped us in tremendous new ways:
- The Fond du Lac Police Department, EP-Direct, Papa John’s Pizza, KFIZ, 107.1 The BULL, Sunny 97-7 and 95-1/96-1 The Rock
These organizationsunited with us to deliver appreciation for good deeds and share critical resources and comfort at the point of crisis through the “Caught You Doing The Right Thing” & “Warm Fuzzy” campaigns. In all, 5000 people were impacted.
- NationaI Exchange Bank & Trust
They made it possible for us to dispense immediate financial relief funds to answer SOS calls from community members whose lives were devastated in the March floods. 2,078 homes/apartment units were impacted in some way. And when COVID-19 left thousands unemployed and in need, NEB stepped up first with support to help us, help others.
- Pizza Ranch
The restaurant pioneered the “Gifts of Giving” that grew into 1000 gestures of kindness for those needing them most.
Even in winter, you help our services flower! The Red Kettle Campaign grow our garden of service into the hope we share year round.
2019 Red Kettle Top Achievers:
- Top Adult Bell Ringing Team: The Arc of Fond du Lac
- Top Youth Bell Ringing Team: Waters Elementary School-Fond du Lac School District
- Top Individual Bell Ringer: Daryl Jewson
- Top Mini Counter Kettle Site: Kitz & Pfeil Ace Fond du Lac
- Top Large Red Kettle Site: Festival Foods
Volunteers cultivate kindness! Every hour you share helps someone grow the strength, courage and resources to bloom!
The compassion you show to those we serve is an inspiration to us all. We see how you treat everyone with respect and kindness, no matter what the situation is. You recognize how stressful it can be for those who need our services, and your words and actions go a long way toward helping them keep their dignity.
Over 172 big hearts logged volunteer hours with us in 2019. Each of the names listed in the graphic volunteered 100 or more hours and the top three:
- Lillian Liebert – thank you for sharing 609 volunteer hours with us!
- Vicki Rabe Harrison – kudos for volunteering 422 hours with us!
- Sandra Schneider – bless you for spending 379 hours with us!