HOW YOU CAN HELP THE SALVATION ARMY'S RED KETTLE CAMPAIGN
The Salvation Army of Kent County’s Red Kettle Campaign is underway, and the organization is grateful for the generous support already given toward its $1.6 million goal. With the holiday season in full tilt, The Salvation Army invites the Grand Rapids community to get involved in any of the following ways to help make sure Hope Marches On this Christmas season and beyond:
- Red kettles: 50 locations – including SpartanNash, Walmart and Sam’s Club stores – throughout Kent County have the iconic red kettle stationed outside. Every kettle comes equipped with Kettle Pay, allowing donors to make an online donation via Google Pay or Apple Pay. Cash and coins are always accepted.
- Bell Ringing: All 50 red kettle locations are in need of volunteer bell ringers. Visit RegisterToRing.com to sign up for a two-hour shift. Thinking about bell ringing? Check out the bell ringing FAQ page.
- Virtual red kettle: Through the entirely contactless virtual red kettle, donors can set up their own personal red kettle online and raise funds from their friends and family. Visit salarmy.us/kentkettle to get started.
- Angel Tree: About 150 Kent County locations are hosting an Angel Tree this season. After finding a participating Angel Tree location here, choose a tag, purchase a gift and then return the unwrapped gift to any of the Angel Tree locations. Donors wanting to shop for Angel Tree online can visit salarmy.us/toys to select toys from The Salvation Army’s Amazon and Walmart wish lists.
- Round Up at Walmart: Customers shopping on Walmart.com or through the Walmart app can round up their purchases to the nearest dollar and donate the difference to The Salvation Army. The option to round up will run through Dec. 28.
- Direct Donations: Visit SAKentCounty.org, call (616) 459-3433 or 1-800-SAL-ARMY, or mail to 1215 Fulton Street East, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, to make a donation. Nationally, $0.82 of every dollar donated goes directly toward providing Salvation Army programs and all the money stays within the community in which it was given.
Donations to the Red Kettle Campaign will fund critical social services provided in Kent County at Christmastime and throughout 2022.