Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
Caring for families in Genesee County securing safe, nurturing environments for the future.
During the 2016-2017 fiscal years, The Salvation Army provided COMPREHENSIVE EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE to 1,460 households – comprised of 3,489 residents, the majority, living below the poverty level - in Genesee County.
- 193 households received eviction prevention services
- 978 households received utility (energy) shut-off prevention assistance
- 289 households received miscellaneous services (bus passes, water shut-off prevention assistance, referrals for vision services, etc.)
- 1,503 of the residents were 18 years and younger.
In 2017, The Salvation Army's CHRISTMAS ASSISTANCE PROGRAM provided 520 Genesee County families (1,733 individuals) with:
- 520 holiday meal packages, enough to feed a family for five days
- 2,204 items of clothing including pairs of hats, gloves, socks, undergarments
- 3,745 toys and stocking stuffers were distributed during the holidays
The ANGEL TREE PROGRAM and FILL THE TRUCK PROGRAMS helped to collect over 3,000 toys and stocking stuffers for the Christmas Toy Shop.
The COATS FOR KIDS PROGRAM provided 670 warm winter coats which were distributed to Genesee County children between November 2017 and January 2018.
We wish to say “Thank You” to our generous donors who help us transform lives every day. Don’t forget The Salvation Army in your estate planning. To learn more about our services or to make a donation, please call our Director of Development, Joy at 810.232.1684 or visit The Salvation Army, 211 W. Kearsley Street, Flint, MI 48502. For online giving, please click here.