The Salvation Army serving Genesee County provides financial assistance to local families facing a water or utility shutoff and/or an eviction or foreclosure. It is required that before applying to The Salvation Army, individuals seeking assistance must apply to the Department of Human Services for state emergency relief first.Phone

To make an appointment with The Salvation Army you will need the following documentation:

  • the Decision Notice from DHHS, (Oct. - March)
  • the Consumers Energy shut off notice or judgment from the court
  • the water shutoff notification
  • current IDs for all the adults in the home
  • proof of household income
  • receipts of bills paid in the last 30 days, and
  • an original social security card for the primary bill contact in the home

To schedule an appointment for assistance, call 810-232-2196 at the start of business (8:30 a.m.) Monday through Friday. Walk-ins will not be seen and will be instructed to call for an appointment.