Grace Place Response to COVID-19
Offering Hope in Times of Crisis is What We Do
Grace Place Shelter offers the homeless a place to stay and a helping hand in times of personal crisis every day of the year. As our world is facing a global pandemic, we remain committed to housing our homeless and serving those in the most need.
Grace Place Shelter remains open to those who are homeless. In response to the COVID-19 crisis, we have implemented the following changes.
- We no longer are allowing volunteers or any social visits at Grace Place. In order to limit risk to our volunteers or others we are only allowing staff and residents into the building. This will continue until we hear it is safe to resume visits from the public. Thank you for your understanding and making adjustments. We love our community and can't wait until we can have our volunteers, donors and visitors back in the building.
- We have implemented many cleaning procedures throughout the day and continue to encourage: social distancing, cleaning and sanitizing of shared spaces and sleeping areas, procedures in case someone does become sick and have been in communication with the local authorities regarding these procedures. Keeping our residents and staff healthy is a top priority at Grace Place.
- Meal volunteers are still needed. We are asking that meals be brought to the front door and then call 715-246-1222. We will pick the meal up at the front door and bring it into the building.
- We still do need donations of items. At this time, only NEW items can be accepted. Current needs are:
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Hand Soap
- Garbage Bags
- Towels (Bath and Kitchen)
- New Bed Pillows
- Cleaning Supplies
- Financial Donations are the best way a person can help at this time. We will continue to shelter people throughout the COVID-19 crisis. If you are able to help in this way, please send donations to: The Salvation Army/Grace Place 505 W. 8th Street New Richmond, WI 54017.
If you have any questions during this time, please do not hesitate to call the shelter 715-246-1222 or follow us on Facebook at: Grace Place Salvation Army