Corps Community Centers in the Heartland Division
- Bloomington, IL- 611 W. Washington (309)829-9476
- Canton, IL-176 S. First Ave. (309)647-0754
- Champaign, IL-502 N. Prospect-(217)373-7832
- Danville, IL-855 E. Fairchild-(217)442-5911
- Decatur, IL-229 W. Main-(217)428-4672
- Freeport, IL-106 W. Exchange-(815)235-7639
- Galesburg, IL-510 N. Kellogg-(309)342-9168
- Kankakee, IL-148 N. Harrison Ave.-(815)933-8421
- Macomb, IL-505 N. Randolph-(309)837-4824
- Moline, IL-2220 5th Avenue-(309)764-2811
- Ottawa, IL - 516 W. Madison St. - (815) 433-0798
- Pekin, IL-243 Derby St.-(309)346-3010
- Peoria, IL-2903 W. Nebraska-(309)682-8886
- Springfield, IL -530 N. Sixth Street -(217) 525-2196
- Sterling/Rock Falls, IL-409 Avenue F-(815)625-1622
- Burlington, IA -217 S. Third (319)753-2038
- Cedar Rapids, IA-1000 "C". Ave. N.W.(319)364-9131
- Clinton, IA-219 First Ave. (319)242-4502
- Davenport, IA-3400 W. Central Park-(319)391-5325
- Dubuque, IA-1099 Iowa St.-(319)556-1573
- Iowa City, IA-1116 Gilbert Court-(319)337-3725
- Keokuk, IA- 31 South 30th Street (319) 524-1144
The above referenced Corps Community Centers are the church and social service home of The Salvation Army in those communities. For worship service times, contact the center in your area!
In areas around the Heartland Division where there are no physical Salvation Army facilities, the Army utilizes Service Extension representatives. Service units provide immediate emergency assistance to help those in need in any given community. The work of the service units is funded through Christmas kettles, donations, United Way funding and mail appeals. Services include direct financial assistance in crisis intervention providing food, lodging, rent, clothing, utilities, prescriptions, transportation, transient service, Christmas toys, back to school supplies, and “Project Help”, assisted by the Illinois State Police.
Currently, there are more than 230 service units and more than 1200 volunteer Service Extension representatives throughout the Heartland Division. In addition, we have four Service Centers in the Heartland Division:
Lincoln, Illinois - 307 N. Kickapoo (217) 732-7890, Tony Shuff, Director (Emergency Services)
Kewanee, Illinois - 119 N. Tremont Street (309) 853-4192, Linda Bolls, Director (Emergency Services, Thrift Store)
Pontiac, Illinois - 112 N. Division Street (815) 844-5005, Linda Voorheis, DIrector (Emergency Services, Thrift Store)
Streator, Illinois - 126 S. Bloomington Street (815) 672-2746, Judy Booze, Director (Emergency Services, Thrift Store)
For more information on Service Extension, contact Chris Kennedy, at (309) 655-1340, or Erica Fanning at (309) 655-1349.
You can also access Service Extension volunteer needs here.