The Salvation Army has a long and storied history of serving our military, veterans and their families. This is currently provided in the Heartland Division through our SSVF or Supportive Services for Veteran Families.
The program is a housing stability-focused service delivery program for very low-income veteran families throughout Central Illinois.
This program will serve veteran families that are homeless or imminently at-risk of being homeless. The goal is to stabilize these families in housing, while providing on-going support as needed to sustain independent living.
You May Qualify If…
- You or your spouse are a Veteran
- You have a very low income that does not exceed 50% of Area Median Income
- Your housing status is in one of the following three categories:
- You reside in housing and lack the ability to pay all of your bills
- You are currently homeless
- You have left permanent housing within the past 90 days to seek other housing that better meets your family’s needs or preferences.
Services The Salvation Army may offer include:
- Rental and Utility Deposits
- Time and Amount Limited Rental and Utility Assistance
- Amount Limited Moving Costs and Emergency Supplies
- Case Management Services
- Transportation Assistance
- Information and Referrals to community resources
- Assistance in Obtaining VA Benefits
- Assistance in Obtaining and Coordinating Other Public Benefits
- Assistance in Securing Permanent Housing
Please Contact the Following Salvation Army Units for more information
The Salvation Army 416 N.E. Jefferson St., Peoria, IL 61603 (309) 655-7272 - Peoria County
The Salvation Army 611 W. Washington St., Bloomington, IL 61701 (309) 829-9476 - McLean County
The Salvation Army 855 E. Fairchild St., Danville, IL 61832 (217) 442-5911 - Vermilion County
The Salvation Army 229 W. Main St., Decatur, IL 62523 (217) 428-4672 - Macon County
The Salvation Army 530 N. 6th St., Springfield, IL 62702 (217) 525-2196 - Sangamon County
The Salvation Army 2212 N. Market St., Champaign, IL 61824 (217) 373-7832 - Champaign, Ford, Douglas, and Piatt Counties