Golf 4 Kids 2022
Golf 4 Kids is a long-standing tradition in central Indiana where a fun day out on the golf course also helps to send Hoosier children in need to summer camp. The outing was cancelled in 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. After its return in 2021 – this year’s event was highly anticipated for participants, sponsors, and everyone involved in this memorable event.
The morning of May 11, we welcomed more than 100 golfers to one of Indiana’s premier golf courses, Brickyard Crossing Golf Course at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. 30 teams competed in the golf outing while raising money for a great cause. Special guest, Nitro, the official mascot for the Indy Fuel, welcomed participants to the putting green for an interesting putting contest, using a hockey stick as a golf club. Golfers were able to increase their support of The Salvation Army through a silent auction, gift card pull, and purchases of golf add-ons.
By the end of the day, this year's Golf 4 Kids outing raised more than $50,000 for The Salvation Army's youth camping programs. This is the equivalent of sponsoring week-long camping experiences for 100 children this summer!
Thanks to title sponsor, Jiffy Lube of Indiana, and our many event and hole sponsors, children from across the state will get to enjoy a week at The Salvation Army's 700-acre Hidden Falls Camp in beautiful southern Indiana. Kids spend their time at camp enjoying traditional camp activities, like archery, high ropes courses, mountain biking, and swimming. They make friends and forge memories that will last a lifetime. For many of these children, this will be their first and only vacation in 2022. Support from donors at Golf 4 Kids and throughout the year makes it possible to send these children to camp at little to no cost to families.
2022 Golf 4 Kids Winners:
- Putting Contest: Mark Naaman
- Longest Putt: Curt Roberts
- Closest to the Pin: Jeff Sauerteig
- Ladies Longest Drive: Brittaney Carpenter
- Men's Longest Drive: Gavin Dowling
- Flight One 1st Place: Patrick Rinard, Mike Lee, Craig Lee, and Dustin Cruz
- Flight One 2nd Place: Colby Hurford, Mike Keleher, Chris Abrams, and Nolan Pearson
- Flight Two 1st Place: Doug Johnson, Chris Johnson, Dan Bell, and Bob Webster
- Flight Two 2nd Place: Bill Westrick, Eric Gomperts, Nate Steenblock, and Sam Shutes
- Flight Three 1st Place: Bill Murphy, Wally Gray, Tom Davis, and Dave Hughes
- Flight Three 2nd Place: Mackenzie Derr, Isabel Lytle, Korie Spartz, and Katy Stutts
Learn more about Hidden Falls Camp and how you can support The Salvation Army's camp ministries by visiting HiddenFallsCamp.org. You can also check out photos from this year's Golf 4 Kids by clicking HERE. If you'd like to be contacted next year when tickets for Golf 4 Kids 2023 go on sale, contact Deena Hayden at email@example.com.