Covid-19 in The Salvation Army Western Michigan Northern Indiana Division
The Salvation Army Western Michigan Northern Indiana Division is working closely with state and local agencies to address the COVID-19 outbreak. We are in regular communication with State, Local and Federal agencies to coordinate a response.. Across the country, trained Salvation Army Emergency Response staff are on standby to assist as requested.
Ensuring the safety of those who depend on The Salvation Army’s programs and services, along with the safety of staff and volunteers, is of utmost priority. We are closely tracking progress through the Center for Disease Control reporting and distributing prevention guidance to all staff, employees, volunteers, and program participants on proper hygiene and prevention.
WESTERN MICHIGAN NORTHERN INDIANA DIVISION
- The Salvation Army Western Michigan Northern Indiana Division is currently preparing for the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, closely following guidelines issued from government officials.
- During this time, The Salvation Army will focus on providing the essential services required by the underserved and vulnerable population of our communities.
- The Salvation Army Western Michigan Northern Indiana Divisional headquarters is working with its corps community centers to minimize public interaction regarding its food pantries and emergency assistance. Whenever possible, food will be prepackaged. Additionally, corps community centers’ social workers will continue to assist clients, but limiting non-essential interaction via the phone or online.
- The Salvation Army has increased its cleaning efforts at all its facilities, including our shelters and kitchens. Our staff is regularly cleaning and disinfecting in an effort to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- The Salvation Army deeply cares for our all staff, employees, volunteers and program participants. We are distributing prevention guidance on proper hygiene and prevention practices.
- The Salvation Army would like to remind everyone that the preventative measures put in place are to ensure everyone’s safety, health and wellbeing.
- The Salvation Army remains in constant communication with local officials and will work in close partnership to prepare and respond to meet the needs as presented.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY for information related to your local Salvation Army unit, especially with regard to details on things like food pantries and other increasingly vital assistance. Each unit posts information to their website and Facebook page as it becomes available.
We will also post any opportunities to help others, for those who want to lend a helping hand during this crisis. Right now, one of the best ways to do that would be a financial donation to support our food pantries.
We recognize this may be a frightening and uncertain time for many. Part of our response plan always includes emotional and spiritual support. We are here for anyone needing encouragement or prayer. The Salvation Army remains strong in our faith and resolve to trust the Lord with the future.