The Salvation Army & the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program are offering free tax prep & e-filing to those with low to moderate income (generally $58,000 or less).
HOW TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT: Click the link to book an appointment online, or call 815-933-8421 Monday-Friday between 10:00am-3:00pm and follow the prompts.
WHERE: The Salvation Army (Court Street Entrance) – 543 E. Court St., Kankakee
February 15-April 15,
60 minute appointment times between 9:00am-4:00pm
WHAT TO BRING:
Please note, clients are required to wear a mask in order to enter the building for their appointment. Please do not bring anyone with you to your appointment, including children. Do not attend your appointment if you are experiencing symptoms of illness. Clients will be admitted into the building at their appointment time.
• Proof of identification (photo ID)
• Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
• An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
• Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
• Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available (Strongly suggested)
• Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
• To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
• Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
• Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
• Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
For other information or questions, please call our office directly at 815-933-8421 and follow the prompts.