Collaborative Effort is serving to assist community affected by COVID-19
LA CROSSE – The Salvation Army and local non-profits are working together to help those in need during the Safe and Home Guidelines.
The Salvation Army of La Crosse County & Catholic Charities, in coordination with the Coulee Collaborative to End Homelessness (CCEH), the city, the county, and all of its community partners, have been working together to provide a comprehensive plan to provide healthy, safe shelter with basic necessities for all members of our community who are experiencing homelessness. Staff members and volunteers alike are working together to assemble meals and other items of need such as blankets, gloves, and hygiene products to deliver in areas in La Crosse determined to be the greatest areas of need. Local businesses are assisting the collaboration effort by supplying pre-packaged items and bags for the meals.
“We are blown away by the amount of support provided by our community so we can help however we can,” says Volunteer Coordinator Alex Riley of The Salvation Army of La Crosse County, “When there is a need in our area, there is never a shortage of hands willing to step up to help.”
The Salvation Army’s Emergency Disaster Services vehicle will distribute meals to the unsheltered population between 11am – 2pm, 7 days a week during the COVID-19 safe at home orders until further notice following a specified route determined by the collaborative to be the ideal locations to serve those in need of a meal, along with other items. All volunteers and staff members are following strict CDC guidelines to the ensure the safety of everyone involved in this collaborative effort. For questions and concerns related to the mobile meal delivery service, community members are urged to call The Salvation Army at (608)782-6126.
Attached below is the designated route:
- The Salvation Army Corps: Leaving at 11:35am (will serve those who approach canteen starting at 11am as we load the vehicle for the routes)
- Goose Green Island Park: Arrive 11:40am, Depart 12:00pm
- The Salvation Army Thrift Store: Arrive 12:05pm, Depart 12:15pm
- Copeland Park: Arrive 12:20pm, Depart 12:40pm
- Cameron Park: Arrive 12:45pm, Depart 1:20pm
- Houska Park: Arrive 1:25pm, Depart 1:45pm
- Riverside Park: Arrive 1:50pm, Depart 2:00pm
The following is a list of items provided during the delivery services:
- Pre-packaged meal containing a sandwich, bottle of water, and nutritious snack items
- Hygiene products (Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash, Deodorant, Lotion, etc.)
- Hand warmers
- Long-sleeve sweatshirts
- Disinfectant wipes
- Toilet Paper
- Rain ponchos
- Canned goods
Anyone interested in donating supplies to the EDS canteen for delivery services can donate the following products which are in high demand: