The Salvation Army of Livingston County offers Christmas Assistance to Livingston County families.
If eligible Christmas assistance will be provided through either our Adopt A Family program or our Toy Shop and Holiday Meal box program.
Adopt-a-Family is a program that anonymously pairs a family in need with donors in the community. Families that are adopted will receive gifts and food for Christmas. Note: Due to the nature of this program, for a family to be eligible for Adopt A Family you must attend an October Sign up events.
Toy Shop is a program where families get to "shop" at our toy warehouse. This is a great opportunity to personally choose the perfect gift for your child. The number of gifts each child receives is dependent on the donations The Salvation Army receives each year. Along with gifts each family also receives a Holiday Meal Box including a Turkey or Ham. Families that are eligible to receive Christmas assistance, but not eligible for Adopt-a-Family will get the amazing opportunity to shop at the Toy Shop.
How do I Apply and How Does it Work
All families wishing to receive Christmas Assistance MUST attend one of the Christmas Assistance Events.
Prior to and Day Of Christmas Assistance Events:
- Prior to the Christmas Assistant Event print and complete the Wish List to bring with you
- At the Christmas Assistance Event families will complete an application to determine eligibility (be sure to bring all the required documents; ID's for all Adults in the home, ID for all children (Social Security card, Birth certificate, Immunization records or School ID), Proof of Livingston County Residency (Current Utility bill, Lease or DHHS paperwork))
- Please note: Due to COVID at this time we are only allowing one person per household in the building to shop. As always children are not allowed and at this time we can not make any exceptions.
After Christmas Assistance Event:
- You will be mailed a letter and notified by December 1st of the program that you qualified for along with the date in which you will either pick up your gifts or "shop"
- Please do not call prior to December 1st. We receive a very large number of requests for Christmas Assistance and with our limited staff it takes some time to process and determine eligibility and program acceptance. Unless you did not qualify at the event, you WILL receive Christmas assistance in one of the programs.
- After you have received your letter, Save the Date! Due to the large number of families receiving assistance it is imperative that you arrive on time and ready.
Gift Receiving Day:
- At the Toy Shop you will arrive, check in and be assigned a "Santa's Helper" - Santa's helpers walk with the families guiding them through the toy shop and assisting them. Please note: Due to COVID at this time we are only allowing one person per household in the building to shop. As always children are not allowed and at this time we can not make any exceptions.
- After shopping, your gifts will bagged and loaded into your vehicle along with your holiday meal box
- At Adopt-a-Family you will arrive and stay in your car to check in - "Santa's Helpers" will check you in and guide you to the loading location, where they will load your vehicle with gifts and food. As always children are not allowed and at this time we cannot make any exceptions.
Christmas Assistance Sign Up Events
Please contact our office with any questions at 517-546-4750.