Salvation Army St. Charles and Blue Goose Market Partner for Donut Day Food Drive
Donate food and receive a coupon for a free donut. Does it get any better than that?
On Saturday, June 5, The Salvation Army St. Charles (Tri-City) Corps Community Center will be holding a food drive in the parking lot of the Blue Goose Market at 300 S. 2nd Street in St. Charles from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. All donors will receive a coupon for a free donut at Blue Goose, valid June 6 – August 31, to encourage giving and celebrate National Donut Day, a time-honored tradition in The Salvation Army since 1938.
“Food insecurity has grown even more for those in need because of COVID. Our food pantry fed well over 6,000 people last year, so it is critical for us to resupply to help our neighbors,” said Lt. Dena Smith, Corps Officer at The Salvation Army St. Charles (Tri-City) Corps. “We truly appreciate the help provided by Blue Goose Market and the local community.”
The St. Charles (Tri-City) Corps food pantry is in need of the following:
- Diapers and pull-ups (especially sizes 5 and 6), baby wipes
- Shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, deodorant, soap
- Pads and tampons, adult diapers
- Laundry detergent, dish soap, paper towels, tissues, brown paper bags
- Canned ravioli, SpaghettiOs; cans of fruit, beans, vegetables, tuna and chicken
- Condiments (mustard, mayo, ketchup, etc.), peanut butter, jelly, pancake mix, syrup, cereal
- Baking staples (flour, sugar, etc.), coffee, tea
- Pasta, pasta sauce, macaroni and cheese, stuffing, instant mashed potatoes
Paul Lencioni, president of Blue Goose Market added, “People are the heart of everything we do at Blue Goose Market, so partnering with our local Salvation Army to help people right here in our community is really our pleasure. And it doesn’t hurt that our donuts are the best around, baked fresh every single day! We’re excited to share those with people who are giving so generously to their neighbors. Taking care of each other is really what it’s all about – because we’re all in it together!”
Once donors drive into the Blue Goose parking lot, volunteers will assist with unloading the donations and hand out donut coupons good for the rest of the summer. The Salvation Army is also seeking volunteers to help with this event. Interested volunteers can call Lt. Dena Smith at 630.377.2769.