Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good
Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
Here are a few examples of social media posts to help you promote your fundraiser for The Salvation Army River Ride.
FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM
- “Join me as I ride my bike to support neighbors in need at this year’s River Ride on Sept 28th. The funds I raise will go directly to The Fox Valley Salvation Army’s vital programs: Food for the hungry, rent and utility assistance, medical care for the ill, as well as clothing, furniture, and youth programs. Click here to donate to my Ride (insert page URL here.) Thank you for your support!”
- “I’m honored to be participating in The Salvation Army’s Fox Valley River Ride on Sept. 28th! I’m riding to raise funds and awareness to support our neighbors in need! Help me reach my goal by visiting my fundraising page (insert page URL here) or sign up to ride with me at (insert page URL here)”.
Update on your fundraising goal and status:
- “I am at $390… just $110 shy of reaching my $500 goal! Please help me get there! Visit my page at (insert page URL here). Thanks for your support!
Share why you are participating:
- “I’m riding for my friend Sara who lost her job three years ago when the company she had worked at for eight years shut its doors. After she lost her home to foreclosure, The Salvation Army was there helping with her first month’s rent in a new apartment. Beyond the food and shelter they provided, Sara’s case manager was dedicated and connected Sara with the resources she needed to get back on her feet. Now, Sara is working in a job she enjoys and has been in her apartment for almost two years. I want to give something back to The Salvation Army for doing so much to help Sara. That’s why I’ll be riding on September 28th . Please support me by heading to (insert page URL here) and by keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you!”
Update on your training:
- “Went on an amazing 26-mile bike ride this morning! I am working my way up and am really looking forward to meeting my 57-mile goal on Sept. 29th. You may not be able to pedal for me, but you can help me meet my fundraising goal by donating at (insert page URL here).”
Share your participation to encourage involvement:
- “I’m helping raise funds for the upcoming Salvation Army River Ride on Sept. 28th. Even if you’re not riding on the day, you can donate to the cause or purchase a T-Shirt and help us take care of our neighbors in need. Watch for my updates as the day gets closer! Visiting (insert page URL here). Want to join my Team on the road on Sept. 28th? Register on the link!
Recognize your donors:
- “Thank you for supporting my Ride @JaneSmith! I really appreciate your generous gift on my behalf! What’s that? Do you want to be like Jane? Head to (insert page URL here) to make a donation!
- “Join me as I pedal 57 miles to support those in need. Donate: (insert page URL here) or to Ride: (insert page URL here)”
- “Helping neighbors who need it most… please support me in The Salvation Army River Ride on September 28th (insert page URL here)”
- “I’m Riding For A Reason! Support me as I hit the road for the Salvation Ride and raise $ for The Salvation Army (insert page URL here)”
A FEW TIPS
- Use a link-shortening site like bitly.com or goo.gl to save some coveted characters on Twitter
- Use photos... visuals draw the eye and encourage people to read your post
- Be sure to include the URL to your personal fundraising page on every post
- Use a conversational tone that sounds true to who you are
- “Like” us on Facebook and tag us in your posts @SalArmyAurora or @TSAElgin or @SalvationArmyJoeKAndersonCenter
- Use hashtags to make your posts searchable. Some hashtags we’ll be using and recommend: