Caring for Others During COVID-19
THE SALVATION ARMY IN SPRINGFIELD, MO WILL ACCEPT NEEDED SUPPLIES AT OUR 1707 W. CHESTNUT EXPRESSWAY LOCATION from 8:30 a.m to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m to 4:30 p.m. M-F.
We will be accepting needed supplies for our multiple shelters, feeding and children’s programs. Monetary donations allow the most efficient response to evolving demand, but our organization will accept select in-kind goods such as nonperishable goods to aid in meeting the urgent need.
Monetary donations can be made to our local Salvation Army serving Greene and Christian Counties HERE.
Additionally, if our friends in the community find themselves with extra basic necessities that can be given to someone in need, they can drop them off here at our local Salvation Army service center at 1707 W. Chestnut Expressway, these include:
- Nonperishable Food – Food items must be packaged in sturdy cans, boxes or bags. Avoid items packaged in glass. Acceptable items include: canned meals (soup, stew, chili), tuna (or other canned meats), boxed instant meals (mac and cheese, Hamburger Helper), peanut butter, canned fruit, canned vegetables, canned beans, pasta and spaghetti sauce, rice, cereal, healthy snacks, flour and sugar.
- Gift Cards: To local grocery outlets or places which provide for critical needed items.
- Baby Supplies: Formula, food, bottles, pacifiers, diapers and wipes.
- Hygiene Products – Purchased and unused items such as hand sanitizer, soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, razors, deodorant, hairbrushes and combs, and feminine hygiene products.
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Items – Antibacterial spray (such as Lysol), antibacterial wipes, bleach, dish washing detergent and laundry detergent.
- Personal Protective Items – Gloves and Face Masks Paper Products – Paper towels tissues, and toilet paper. We are not accepting clothing items at any of our locations at this time.