Red Kettle Season – Rescue Christmas - Kick Off 2020
Goal Set – Bell Ringers Activated – More Bell Ringers Needed
The Salvation Army announced their goal for their 129th Red Kettle Campaign during their kick off event held this last Friday. This year’s goal is set at $875,000 and they are pleased to share with the community they have already received $100,000 in pledges and commitments toward their goal, including a $10,000 pledge from their own Advisory Board!
The bell ringers started ringing this Friday and are out today, Saturday, November 7th . As bell ringers are available, they will be at the following area locations today and the next few weeks: Bass Pro, Hyvee, the Battlefield Mall, Hobby Lobby and Mardel. They will also be ringing at local Wal-Mart and Sam’s locations; Macy’s and all the Price Cutter stores within the next few weeks. The Salvation Army is asking for more individuals to sign up to ring the bells both physically and virtually.
Although the challenges this year are unprecedented, The Salvation Army is committed to providing hope to those who need it this Christmas and beyond.
Funds raised will support our year-round programs to assist those who need it the most.
Friday, November 6th through December 24, 2020
Ways to Support the 2020 Red Kettle Season this year to help Rescue Christmas:
- Sign up to ring the physical bells at: www.registertoring.com or call: 417-862-5509
- Sign Up to ring the virtual bells at: www.salvationarmyspringfield.org or give.salvationarmyusa.org/springfieldmo - You can donate to the team or become a virtual bell ringer or both!
- Text: SAL to the number 24365 from any mobile device
- Contactless donating at the red kettles by using Google Pay/Apple Pay
- Mail your check to us at:
The Salvation Army, 1707 W. Chestnut Expressway - Springfield, MO 65802