Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
Providing physical needs such as grocery, utility and gift assistance,
to emotional experiences including holiday events and traditions.
The Salvation Army recognizes that holidays can bring added financial and emotional stress for families in need. Consequently, we offer a variety of services to help families and individuals make it through more difficult holiday seasons:
The Salvation Army (330 Waldo Ave)
Last Names A-M: 10:00-1:00
Last Names N-Z: 1:00-4:00
The Salvation Army’s Christmas Assistance Program is intended to help Midland County residents who would otherwise be unable to provide Christmas gifts to their children. Christmas Assistance is given through the distribution of toys, coats, & the Adopt-a-Family Program. Senior citizens age 60 & over and disabled adults with no minor children, who meet the income guidelines, are eligible to receive a gift card to a local grocery store for holiday meal assistance.
To qualify for The Salvation Army’s Christmas Assistance Program, you must register during sign-up, meet income guidelines and have legal physical custody of the children in your household who are 17 years old and younger, and bring the required documentation in with you when you register.
In order to maintain COVID guidelines, masks are required for entry, and families are limited to one adult per household present for registration.
Required Documentation for 2020 Christmas Assistance
To apply for assistance you must have all of the following documents with you:
· Valid personal identification with your CURRENT Midland County address for ALL adults in household.
· Identification for all dependents in the home - Anything to validate EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the household.
· Proof of custody required in cases involving separation, divorce, guardianship and foster care.
· Current Consumer’s Energy Bill or Rent Receipt – Bills must contain the name and address of the individual applying for assistance.
· Proof of All Household Income. Pay stubs, Child Support Statement, Social Security, SSI, SSDI, DHS Statement, Unemployment/Workman’s Comp, etc.
You must have all the information listed above at the time of your application.
Your application will not be processed without the required documentation.