Our Response to the Coronavirus: Keeping Milwaukeeans Safe
The Salvation Army Milwaukee County remains committed to Doing The Most Good for our neighbors in need, especially now as we respond to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. After taking into consideration all of the federal, state and local guidelines, our worship and community centers are making adjustments to their daily activities. See the list below for adjustments to programming. This page will be updated as changes are made.
All worship and community centers scheduled activities and worship services are SUSPENDED until April 30th. Updates will be provided after the 30th.
All thrift store operations have been SUSPENDED until April 30th.
Officers will be on site and buildings will be OPEN for emergency assistance such as food pantries.
For your safety through social distancing, if you would like to help The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County we are asking that you give in two ways:
- Mail a check to The Salvation Army, 11315 W. Watertown Plank Rd., Wauwatosa, WI 53226 and in the memo write "CV19 Help MKE"
- Donate online
- Text 'MKE' to 24365
NOTE: At this time, due to state guidelines, we are unable to accept collected food donations from the public.
Helping Hands for Healthcare Heroes
Our mobile feeding truck is delivering meals to hospitals in the Milwaukee area.
- 3/27: Canteen at Ascension Columbia St. Mary’s (400 served) Press Release | Photos
- 3/31: Canteen at Progressive Community Health Center (75 served) | Photos
- 4/1: Canteen at Progressive Community Health Center (75 served)
Corps Community Centers
Milwaukee County Distribution Center
- Food Pantry hours: Monday - Friday 12:30 p.m. - 3 p.m.
Milwaukee Citadel Corps
- Warming Center CLOSED
- No public telephone usage
- Home League & Bible Study SUSPENDED
- Food Pantry hours: Fridays 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Milwaukee Cold Spring Corps
- English Learning Classes (Mon. & Wed. 9:30 a.m. - Noon) SUSPENDED
- School of Music (Wed. & Thurs. nights) SUSPENDED
- Bible Studies & Worship Team practice (Thurs. nights) SUSPENDED
- Food Pantry hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays 10 a.m. to noon
Milwaukee West Corps
- Youth Basketball (Mondays) SUSPENDED
- Food Pantry hours: Tuesdays - Thursdays 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- All programming SUSPENDED
- Food Pantry hours: Wednesdays & Thursdays 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Feeding program in partnership with OCFSD still available (11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Monday & Wednesdays.) Providing 500-600 meals per day via drive up Press Release | Photos
Monday meals will consist of:
- Two breakfasts
- Two "ready to eat" hot lunches
Wednesday meals will consist of:
- Three breakfasts
- Three "ready to eat" hot lunches
- Distribution locations:
- Forest Ridge Elementary, 2220 W. Drexel Rd., Oak Creek, WI
- Oak Creek High School, 340 E. Puetz Rd., Oak Creek, WI
- The Salvation Army Oak Creek, 8853 S. Howell Ave., Oak Creek, WI
- Mobile feeding locations:
- Centennial Park Apartments
11 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.
- The Gables at Oak Creek
11:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Springbrook Cercle Apartments
11:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Country Oaks Apartments
11:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Riverwood Estates
12 p.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Brandywood Apartments
12:15 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Centennial Park Apartments