Currently, if you are a Missouri or Kansas resident you may visit the appropriate link below to find COVID-related rent or utility assistance in your state.
If you are a Missouri resident who needs rent or utility assistance, please click here.
If you are a Kansas resident who needs rent or utility assistance, please click here.
If you need assistance from The Salvation Army corps in your community, please click here for a complete list of all corps in the division.
In order to qualify for assistance the applicant must satisfy all of the following requirements:
- Have been directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic creating financial hardship (must show documentation as indicated below)
- Those who have lost or are receiving reduced income from employment
- Unforeseen expenses due to COVID-19 pandemic such as health care co-pays, child care, etc.
- Provide tangible documentation of the COVID-19 related hardship
Our goal is to complete this process as quickly as possible.
- Fill out the screening application above.
- The Divisional Social Services staff will route the screening form to the corps that will provide you service.
- You should expect to be contacted to complete your application process within three (3) business days.
Documentation required to complete assistance – all information is kept confidential and secure
- Identification – Photo ID or two other forms of identification for head and household and ID for each other member in the family
- COVID-19 impact/income verification
- Copy of pre- and post-COVID-19 pay statements
- Copy of reduction in hours statement from your employer indicating cause-related for those not receiving pay
- Furlough letter
- Confirmation of unemployment application and determination
- Letter from health care provider for health-related need
- DD-214 with anything but dishonorable discharge if a Veteran
- Rent Assistance
- Page from lease agreement with address and rent amount
- Mortgage statement
- Rent/mortgage delinquency notice as of April 1, 2020
- W9 for landlord
- Utility Assistance - past due bill as of April 1, 2020
- Signed Client Consent and Release of Information form
- Based on the application and supporting documentation The Salvation Army will review and provide notification of available assistance. All other resources available in the community to meet the present need will be considered.
- Applicant’s present income must not exceed 200% of the poverty level.
- Funds will not be paid to the applicant. They must be paid to a landlord, mortgage company, or utility provider. Checks will be mailed directly to the vendor.
Please see this page for a complete list of Kansas and Western Missouri Corps and contact information.