Our goal is simple: To help those in need.
Please click here and join us in our current effort to raise critical funds for The Children’s Shelter!
It could be a child pulled suddenly from a violent home…it could be a homeless family…perhaps a father seeking help for his addiction…or an entire city reeling in the wake of a natural disaster.
Since 1951, The Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary has served as a dynamic and effective force in its efforts to reach out and make a difference in the lives of thousands of women, men and children in the Kansas City area.
Standing side-by-side with The Salvation Army, the Auxiliary has provided volunteers and financial help in the effort to alleviate the effects of poverty, homelessness, addiction, violence and loss, no matter what the reason.
Our aim is high, our reach is wide. But our goal is simple: To help those in need.
We’ve been busy this year providing help and support for Salvation Army facilities and programs:
• Raised money for The Children’s Shelter, a crisis center for children of all ages. Give now!
• Provided funds for equipment, repairs, supplies and more for the Salvation Army corps facilities that address a variety of issues throughout the metro area.
• Rang bells for the Salvation Army red kettles and staffed the Angel Tree gift program during the holidays
• Helped distribute food, clothing and warm blankets in the Honk and Holler program that seeks out the homeless living on the street
• Supplied games and supplies for the Permanent Supportive Housing program
• Helped Salvation Army staff distribute Christmas gifts at area nursing homes
• And more….
• Spring 2019: Launch of our annual fundraiser for The Children’s Shelter (read more below or go directly to our donation page .
• May 15: Annual Spring Luncheon for members and guests, 11 a.m. at the Blue Hills Country Club, 777 Burning Tree Dr., Kansas City, Mo., featuring installation of officers, awards for service, and a jewelry sale that benefits the Adult Rehabilitation Center for recovering addicts.
• September 21: Annual Omelette Brunch, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Salvation Army Northland Corps, 306 North Oak Trafficway, Kansas City, Mo. Proceeds are donated to various Salvation Army projects and facilities.
• Christmas Tea: The date and location for this elegant annual event for members and guests will be announced later. Door prizes awarded! Those attending donate clothing for The Children’s Shelter. Please join us so that we may introduce you to our Auxiliary!
To join us or learn more about our upcoming events, please contact:
The Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary, President
P.O. Box 412577, Kansas City, MO 64141-2577
We need your help for The Children’s Shelter!
Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, this shelter has served nearly 10,000 children of all ages since it opened in 1981. Most of these children are pulled from the home by the authorities due to severe neglect, violence, or physical, emotional or sexual abuse.
The only shelter of its kind in the area, it provides ALL needs for these children – shelter, food, clothing, counseling, school supplies, transportation to school and medical care, and much more.
Your contribution will mean more than you know to these children. Your gift will provide the reassurance and security of a safe, nurturing environment, and give them the strength and encouragement they need to navigate a difficult and challenging world.
Please partner with us in our annual campaign to help these vulnerable children. Use our convenient donation page or mail your check made out to SAWA to:
The Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary
Kansas City, Mo. 64141-2577
Keep up to date with the Auxiliary on our Facebook page. And don’t forget to “like” us.