We Assist Families & Individuals across The Muscatine Communities by...
- Food Give Away/Assistance - Every Holiday Season is highlighted by family feasts and dinner with friends, but for those in need this can be a particularly difficult time to face food insecurity issues. The Salvation Army believes that every person deserves to have a nourishing meal for their body and soul - especially around Christmas! We offer the opportunity for families to sign up for food support in the way of a warm nutritious meal.
- Toy Give Away/Assistance - One of the hardest choices that many families have to face is between providing their children with presents on Christmas day or, often times, shelter/food/transportation or other essentials. This can take an emotional toll that we work to bring an end to alongside countless local supporters. By signing up for our Toy Give Away, families can guarantee their child/children don't feel forgotten this Holiday Season, thanks to the generosity of those around their community & The Salvation Army.
- Partnering Locally - Every year presents new opportunities for our Holiday Season services. Local businesses, individuals & organizations team up with The Salvation Army to offer new ways to meet the unique needs of our community. Whether this means new ways to share funding, raise awareness, start new programs or more, our mission is always strengthening as a part of the local commitment towards Fighting For Good and creating change.
You Can Change Lives By Supporting Our Work Through...
Click the headings to explore each option
- Becoming a Bell Ringer - Whether you ring alone, or in a group with friends & family: this is the most engaging and fun way to join our Fight For Good every Holiday Season. Our iconic Red Kettles and Bell Ringers are cornerstones of local inspiration for hope. All those that feel forgotten, lost or in need of even the smallest support are met with life changing assistance brought to life by your efforts. When you partner with your Salvation Army as a Bell Ringer, you are creating a lasting impact.
- Donate Directly to Our Local Work - The easiest way to show your support every Christmas for those in need is by helping fund our services & programs. Each year we Fight For Good, and this work continues to grow thanks to the generous giving of our local donation supporters. If you want to make your gift create an even more impactful change, consider becoming a monthly supporter this Holiday Season.
- Find a Seasonal Volunteer Role - Without our volunteers, The Salvation Army's mission could never take hold in our community and change as many lives as we have so far. Every Holiday Season there are new chances to discover a new way to give back as a volunteer. Visit our volunteer page today to see what openings we have and join the "army behind the army" by creating life changing moments first-hand!