Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good

Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!

Please enter your first name
Please enter your last name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter a valid zip code
VolunteerVolunteer in this community
Ways we helpWays we help in this community
DonateDonate to this community
How you can helpHow you can help in this community
Hear moreHear more from this community

Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good

Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!

Please enter your first name
Please enter your last name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter a valid zip code
Frequently Asked Questions Image

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions 


Are you accepting donations?

Donations of clothing, furniture, or household items should be delivered to our thrift store at 528 Little League Blvd in Clarksville.                                              We can receive donations between 9 AM - 3 PM Monday- Saturday.   Pick ups can be requested by calling 812-206-3005.

At our corps on Green Valley Road, we can accept donations of money, toiletries, and non-perishable food items. 

How can I help The Salvation Army?

We are looking for cheerful individuals to help ring the bell at Christmas time!  Sign up as a volunteer here.  Want to ring all season and earn some extra spending money?  We can hire you!  Apply at our main office at 2300 Green Valley Rd in New Albany.  

Want to volunteer to help with Angel Tree or other opportunities?  Call our office for information.  812-944-1018.

How do I apply for Angel Tree?

You can find all information for applying for angel tree hereAngel Tree applications have closed for 2022

How do I get help with my rent?

If you have an eviction notice, go to first.  We are partnering with several local organizations to make sure families are getting the help they need. 

If you don't have an eviction notice but are behind on rent, you can still apply for help from The Salvation Army.

Floyd County or Harrison Co residents that do not have an eviction notice can apply for rent and mortgage assistance hereAssistance is available up to $150. If the total owed is more than that you will need to come up with the rest. Caseworker will contact you back by email.

Clark County residents that do not have an eviction notice can apply for rent and utility assistance here 

How do I get help with my utilities?

Apply for Energy Assistance Program (EAP) through the Ohio Valley Opportunities office.  You must apply for EAP before applying for us. 

Floyd County or Harrison Co. Residents with a disconnect notice apply here.

Clark County Residents with a disconnect notice apply here.

How will I know when my application for assistance is reviewed and accepted or denied?

You will get an email from the caseworker.  Please check your email regularly and your SPAM folder.  Please do not call or stop by to check on the status.  All applications will be dealt with in the order we received them.  You will not be moved to the front of the line if your due date is closer.  Please submit all requests at least 1 week before due date to allow us time to process.  

Who can get food assistance?

Households are eligible to receive food assistance once every 30 days. This website can help direct you to other food resources.                                        During the application process we do ask for income information.  This information does not impact whether we are able to provide food to your family.         We collect and report this information to our food sources so that we can better understand the types of help that is needed in our community. 

How do I request food assistance?

In Floyd County, call 812-944-1018.

In Clark County, call 812-280-7608.

In Harrison County, call 812-738-8118 or 812-944-1018.  

How do I get my food?

Pick up days and times are as follows:

Floyd County:  Mon/Wed/Friday 9 AM - 3 PM

Clark County: Tues/Friday 9 AM - 3 PM

Harrison County: Tuesdays 9 AM - 3 PM

Can you deliver my food?

No.  We do not have employees or volunteers available any longer for this.

What kind of food do I get?

Our food supply changes frequently, but orders include dry goods, canned goods, canned and frozen meat, and fresh produce (as available).  Sometimes we have milk, eggs, juice, snacks or desserts. 

Do you have food for my pet?

We usually have dog and cat food. Please let us know when you place your order and we will do our best to meet your need.

I need help with something else.

Here is a resource list for Floyd County.

How can I help?

We love volunteers!  Call 812-944-1018 and speak to Jenny to find out about the most up to date volunteer opportunities.  Another way to help us keep Doing the Most Good is through a financial donation.  This allows us the flexibility to meet the greatest need most efficient way.   Donations allow us to buy food for our pantry and provide rent and utility assistance. You can also help by donating non-perishable food items, hygiene items, or pet food to our pantry.  

Are you a church?

Yes!  We serve the wonderful people of this community as an outflow of our love for God.  Come and worship with us every Sunday at 10 AM.  We love to meet new people!  Want to know more about our beliefs?  Our doctrines and more about our denomination can be found here.  You can also find a weekly schedule of activities here.

How do I stay up to date with what is happening at The Salvation Army?

Follow us on Facebook which is updated daily with information about programs, events, volunteer opportunities, and more.