Salvation Army Virtual Walk for Good, April 24-26
Looking for a good reason to get out of your house and help people?
There’s something you can do: Join The Salvation Army Virtual Walk for Good, April 24-26. Register now.
The Virtual Walk for Good is a one-mile walk through your neighborhood to benefit The Salvation Army’s COVID-19 relief efforts. Your participation will help The Salvation Army to provide food and care for people struggling during this historic crisis.
This family-friendly event is a fun and easy way to be outside, get some exercise, and help people in need. What’s more, all donations will be matched by the Richard M Schulze Family Foundation, up to $25,000.
Here’s how to join:
• Participants must pledge to walk one mile in their neighborhood anytime during the weekend of April 24-26.
• Registration is just $25 per person. (That’s enough money to provide groceries for one person for one week.) You can also set up a fundraising page to raise more money and help even more people. The top fundraiser will win a $500 Cub gift card, courtesy of Cub. Thanks to our sponsors, other top fundraisers will be eligible to win:
- Minnesota Vikings items signed by players such as Adam Thielen, Harrison Smith, Danielle Hunter, and Kyle Rudolph.
- Cub gift cards.
• Walkers are encouraged to wear red and post photos or video of their walk on social media using the hashtag #DoingTheMostGood.
• Walkers are advised to practice safe social distancing.
Proceeds from the Virtual Walk for Good will fund Salvation Army food programs and basic care services throughout Minnesota. Demand for these services has skyrocketed at many of our locations, and help is needed to restock our food pantries.
Please remember to tell your friends and family about the Virtual Walk for Good. The more walkers we can gather, the more good we can accomplish together.