Toy Shortage: 8,500 children in danger of not receiving a present
The Salvation Army is dangerously low on toy donations in the Twin Cities.
As of Nov. 30, we have inventory for about 5,500 of 14,000 children registered to receive a toy – putting about 8,500 children at risk of not receiving a present.
“During the past several Christmases we have experienced toy shortages due to the pandemic and rising inflation, but this shortage is worse,” said Lt. Col. Dan Jennings, leader of The Salvation Army Northern Division. “We humbly ask the Twin Cities community to donate many more toys so that every child can receive a present on Christmas morning.”
The Salvation Army will distribute toys to preregistered families on various days between Dec. 13-21 at our four Toy Shops in the Twin Cities. Families will also receive stocking stuffers and wrapping paper, along with basic needs items such as clothing and hygiene products for those who need them. View photos of last year's Toy Shop.
How to Donate Toys
You can help The Salvation Army provide toys for children in need by giving in any of the following ways:
- Donate online and The Salvation Army will use your gift to buy toys. Donate now.
- Buy toys online and have them shipped to The Salvation Army, 2445 Prior Ave. N., Roseville, MN 55113.
- Donate in person: Drop off new, unwrapped toys at The Salvation Army’s headquarters, 2445 Prior Ave. N., Roseville. A donation receptacle, located near the front door, is available 24 hours a day.
- Stuff the Sleigh: Donate at businesses that are participating in KSTP’s Stuff the Sleigh toy drive now through Dec. 9. Visit the Stuff the Sleigh home page for a detailed list of drop-off sites at HOM Furniture, KSTP 5 Eyewitness News, SPIRE Credit Union, Warners’ Stellian, and the Minnesota National Guard.
You can also drop off new, unwrapped toys during weekday business hours at any of these Salvation Army locations:
- Brooklyn Park Salvation Army, 10011 Noble Parkway, Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
- Maplewood Salvation Army, 2080 Woodlynn Ave, Maplewood, MN 55109
- Minneapolis Central Worship and Service Center, 2727 Central Ave. NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418
- North Minneapolis Parkview Worship and Service Center, 2024 Lyndale Ave. N., Minneapolis, MN 55411
- South Minneapolis Temple Worship and Service Center, 1604 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
- St. Paul Eastside Worship and Service Center, 1019 Payne Ave, St. Paul, MN 55130
- St. Paul Citadel Worship and Service Center, 401 West 7th Street, St. Paul, MN 55102
This holiday season, The Salvation Army is calling on all of our supporters to Love Beyond. #LoveBeyond is a national Salvation Army campaign that encourages people to put love above all else, in order to show families in need that love exists beyond their most difficult situations – be it hunger, overdue bills, eviction, addiction, and other hardships. Join us by giving a donation, signing up to volunteer, or ringing bells at a Red Kettle.