4th Annual Birdies for Good Golf Outing
112 golfers and 32 sponsors came together to raise more than $114,000 in the 4th annual Birdies for Good Golf event.
Held at Mt. Hawley Country Club, this event raised funds to support local people across our Peoria area communities who are facing challenges such as food insecurities, homelessness, or financial poverty.
“We are humbled by the continued support of the local community for those people less fortunate. The need is even greater this year given the issues many are facing due to the end of the eviction moratorium and the end of pandemic unemployment benefits. Every dollar really makes a difference. We’re proud to be able to contribute toward making a real impact in our town.” - Lynn Kunkle, Chairman of the Birdies for Good Golf Committee
'A Flight' Tournament Finishing Positions:
- 1st Place - The foursome group of Jared Kunkle, Nick Lavin, Sharbel Shanine, and Nate Wallace.
- 2nd Place - The foursome group of Dave Maloof, John Velde, Curt Ward, and Bill Wuthrich.
'B Flight' Tournament Finishing Positions:
- 1st Place - The foursome of Randy Johnson, Ross Kempf, Andrew Muir, and Mike Schultz.
- 2nd Place - David Bland, John Graves, Scott King, and Gregg Norman.
- Al Ziegler had the Longest Putt (Hole 6)
- Sharbel Shanine had the Closest to the Pin (Holes 7 and 17)
- Jordan Parr had the Closest to the Pin (Hole 9)
- Nanci Sellers had closest to the Pin for Women (Hole 11)
- AJ Rassi had Closest to the Pin (Hole 13)
- Doug Weston had the Longest Putt (Hole 18)
This year’s Birdies for Good Committee was chaired by Lynn Kunkle. Other committee members include: Lois Boaz, Chris Peterson, Dave Wickness, Jodi Lindsay, Charlie Drier, and James Sullivan.