Celebrating Our History of Service: Disaster Relief
Emergency Disaster Services
The Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services – Heartland Division is headquartered in Pekin, IL and covers Central Illinois and Eastern Iowa. They provide support to the first responders in each of the communities they serve and partner with the 24 Corps Officers to support their communities during a crisis such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
Emergency Disaster Services is leading the way for The Salvation Army’s COVID-19 response. Through the coordinated efforts of staff, volunteers and Division Officers, Emergency Disaster Services has provided food and emotional and spiritual care to thousands of people in need, as well as provided food and support for our first responders.
Over the past eight weeks, Emergency Disaster Services (EDS) has had a significant impact on our communities in the Heartland Division.
- Served nearly 110,00 meals to first responders and medical personnel
- Delivered more than 12,500 food boxes to seniors & others in need of groceries and unable to get out during the pandemic
- Provided emotional & spiritual support to nearly 6,300 people who could benefit from someone offering care and support
- Provided Grill and Go Lunches for first responders in the Tri-County area every Friday
- More than 350 first responders participating in the first two lunches.
Thank you for all you do for the community!