Food Pantry Stocking From Home
How can I make a Real Difference this Holiday Season for someone in need, right here within my community?
Get your family together to collect food or shop for food & assemble 1 or 2 bags or boxes of groceries.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get your kids or other family/friends involved in doing something simple that creates a life changing difference for a local family or individual in need. Share a moment with loved ones in doing something truly special this Holiday Season - help Rescue Christmas by fighting hunger alongside The Salvation Army
How to Get Started...
Gather non-perishable food items that could supply up to 4 people. These items should include both foods for adults & children. Consider the following list for examples of what can be used.
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Fruit
- Applesauce (jars or individual cups)
- Canned Vegetables (mixed, corn, peas, green beans)
- Spaghetti or Pasta (dried or canned)
- Pasta Sauce
- Canned Soup
- Ramen Noodles
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Boxed Potatoes
- Canned Meats (Tuna, Chicken etc.)
- Hormel Pepperoni
- Boxed Pizza Mix
- Instant Oatmeal
- Granola / Breakfast Bars
- Goldfish, Peanut Butter or other healthy crackers & snacks
How to pack groceries
& arrange pick-up or drop-off...
You can package your food items in paper grocery bags or boxes. You may have to use multiple bags or boxes to get food together for one family. This is why we ask that you just number the bags / boxes so that we know both should go to a family together.
We ask that you also have fun!
Feel free to have kids draw pictures or messages that can be shared with the families being helped. We even encourage you to include a card with your grocery items to share an encouraging message or simply let the people you're helping know who you are & that you care.
When your boxes/bags are ready for our Food Pantry please choose your method of delivery or pickup:
- Call Bailee Bauman at (309) 253-9909 to make arrangements for us to pick up the bags/boxes if help is needed.
- Deliver your bags/boxes to the Peoria Family Services building by using the parking lot on Bryant St (turn left off of Adams at the Family Services Building to get to Bryant St). Please ring the bell for assistance.
- It’s recommended you contact Bailee before you arrive so she can let the staff know you’re on your way.
- Or Deliver the bags/boxes to the Peoria Citadel at 2903 W Nebraska Avenue.
- It is recommended that you call The Citadel at (309) 682-8886 before you leave to make sure there is someone there to accept your items.