6 Ways to Do the Most Good this Giving Tuesday
Giving Tuesday, which falls on December 3 this year, is a global day of giving to support philanthropies and performing charitable acts. Millions of people choose Giving Tuesday as an opportunity to support their favorite causes.
Here are the top six ways to support The Salvation Army on Giving Tuesday and throughout the holiday season.
1. Be a hero to a neighbor in need when you donate to The Salvation Army. Your support will help hard-working families who struggle to put food on the table, make rent, and keep the heat on every day. There’s never been a better time to Do the Most Good!
2. Ring a Bell. Grab your family, friends, and a cup of hot cocoa and pick your favorite red kettle spot. A volunteer bell ringer raises and average of $30 an hour, which provides two bags of groceries or a night of shelter.
3. Make Christmas Possible. No child should be without a gift to open on Christmas morning. Provide a joyous holiday for a child in need through our Angel Tree program.
5. Answer Phones at Our WBBM Radiothon. Join us on December 6 at Woodfield Mall to collect donations from WBBM Salvation Army Good Neighbor Radiothon listeners. Proceeds from the Radiothon benefit the Army’s programs that fight hunger and homelessness. Email email@example.com for more information or to register to answer phones.
6. Share Your Time. Volunteer to help those in need this season. Your time and talents are our treasure! Call 773.725.1100 for more information.
Giving Tuesday offers a great opportunity to share your time and talents with your neighbors in need by supporting The Salvation Army. We welcome you in our Fight for Good that day – and all year round.