Share the joy of the season by adopting a family in need this Christmas.
Your responsibility as a “Family Sponsor” is to provide two toys/gifts and a needed item OR a gift card to each child up to age 18 from your family. The cost for each child should not exceed a $75 value. We work with the parent(s) to provide a detailed list to help you in your shopping choices.
TO ADOPT A FAMILY:
PREPARATION OF GIFTS FOR DISTRIBUTION BY THE SALVATION ARMY:
1. Label each gift with the recipient’s name and the family number.
2. Please do not wrap any of the gifts. The gifts are a donation, so the parent(s) can give their children a happy Christmas. The parent(s) need to see what is being given and enjoy wrapping each gift. You may include rolls of wrapping paper with your donation.
3. Make a note to be given to staff or attached to the package at drop off indicating the overall dollar value of the package(s). This information is used to track donations to the program and not shared with families.
4. Place all the gifts in a bag or bags, tie it shut and label each bag with the family number. If you use more than one bag, please also label the bags: “bag 1 of 2”, “bag 2 of 2”, etc. It is not necessary to purchase large Christmas bags—garbage bags work nicely.
5. If you would like the family to know your identity, you may include your first name, company name and company address. Please do not include last names or personal addresses.
6. Please do not include any food items.
DELIVERY OF GIFTS:
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Drop off time is between noon and 6pm
Please drop off all packages at a NEW DROP OFF LOCATION:
The Salvation Army (previously thrift store)
1029 Michigan Avenue
Sheboygan, WI 53081
DISTRIBUTION OF GIFTS:
Packages will be distributed to families on Thursday, December 9, 2021.