Special events: An opportunity for everyday folks to enjoy a fun outing with their charitable organization.
- Can help raise significant dollars.
- Can significantly deepen relationships.
- Can uncover fresh interests in individuals, families, groups.
- Can permanently boost donor caring.
- Can broaden volunteer involvement/engagement.
- Can produce exposure and publicity.
Please be part of our special events . . participant, underwriter, volunteer, saying prayers for their success! Thank you!
JOIN THE FUN AT OUR SPECIAL EVENTS!
(APRIL) -- 125th Anniversary -- (Founded in 1894)
=> These events are our "Thank You" to Waukesha County for 125 years of local support.
=> Please come & enjoy!
- PUBLIC INVITED -- GUIDED TOURS OF WAUKESHA COUNTY'S SALVATION ARMY HOME
- Fri, 4/26/19
- 10am, 1pm, 4pm
- See the Food Pantry, Social Services, Toy Shop prep, Feed the Kids prep, Bread Room, Mens Emergency Shelter, Community Dining Room and commercial kitchen, Youth Ministry, upper level Chapel
- Gather outside the 2nd floor Administrative Offices just before tour times.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
THE REMAINDER OF 2019!
(May) The annual Postal Carriers Food Drive
(June) The Salvation Army's NATIONAL DONUT DAY
(All Summer) Friday Nights Live - Ten weekends in downtown Waukesha
- Each Friday evening, we feature a different aspect of the Waukesha County unit, and on special nights volunteers for Kohl's Corprate headquarters in Menomonee Falls volunteer to inflate and hand out helium balloons to our youngest Salvation Army supporters! Our booth is on West Main Street in front of the Milwaukee Pizza Company, across the street from the Clarke Hotel, and down the street from the popular People's Park and Steaming Cup restaurants!
(August) The State Fair Corn Roast with the New Berlin Lions
(November) Our Red Kettle kick-off(s) in early November
(November) Possible concert with the 1st Brigade Band -- Veterans Day
(December: Early) Christmas Tree Lightings and Community Parades
(December: Through Christmas Eve) Our Annual Red Kettle bell-ringing and fundraising -- 60 kettle locations for volunteers!
(December: Mid month) Annual Fundraising Christmas Concerts
- Our exceptional Christmas Concert Series, JOY OF CHRISTMAS
- On December 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th
- Staged in historic and interesting locations across Waukesha County
- Thursday the 12th at 7pm - Calvary Lutheran Church, Brookfield
- Friday the 13th at 7pm - Calvary Community Church, Muskego
- Saturday the 14th at 2pm - St. John's Northwestern Military Academy, Delafield
- Sunday the 15th at 2pm - St. Theresa Catholic Church, Eagle
- Tickets go on sale at Thanksgiving time! -- These are fundraising concerts that our patrons love.
- These wonderful concerts always feature a brass group of some sort (the Salvation Army's long history with brass music)
- This year the Nordic Brass, preparing for concerts in Europe in 2020
- Also this year, a string quartet of the Wisconsin Philharmonic
- And also, a talented and beautiful soprano voice leading beloved Christmas Carols!