The Salvation Army Wausau's Response to the COVID-19 Crisis
The Salvation Army Wausau remains committed to Doing The Most Good for our neighbors in need, especially now as we respond to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. After taking into consideration all of the federal, state and local guidelines, our worship and community centers are making adjustments to their daily activities. See the list below for adjustments to programming. This page will be updated as changes are made. Also visit our Facebook page for updates.
Community Center scheduled activities are SUSPENDED until further notice. Updates will be provided as guidelines are updated.
Officers will be on site. The Social Services building (202 Callon Street) is allowing visitors inside the building on a limited basis (see below). Emergency assistance is OPEN. For emergency assistance requests other than food pantry, please call the number listed below.
For your safety through social distancing, if you would like to help The Salvation Army of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan we are asking that you give in two ways:
- Mail a check to The Salvation Army, 202 Callon St, Wausau, WI 54401 and in the memo write "CV19 Help Wausau"
- Donate online
The Salvation Army Wausau Updates:
The 202 Callon Street building is allowing people into the building on a limited basis. The following requirements apply:
Everyone must wear a mask, and gloves will be provided for use inside the building. Enter through the SIDE door (parking lot side). Walk-through will be in one direction only, with exit through the rear door of the building. Thank you for following staff instructions, so we can continue to offer more food choice flexibility for you.
- Free Bread and Produce Giveaway: Monday - Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. OPEN
- No income requirement, no waiting period requirement
- Available as donations are received and as supplies last
- Free community lunch program: Monday - Friday, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. OPEN
- Form a single line at the side entrance of the building
- Walk through in a single file line, spaced 6-feet apart
- The meal will be served in to-go containers
- Exit through the rear door
- Food Pantry: Monday - Friday, 12:30 to 2:30 - OPEN
- Each family will be provided a number upon arriving and checking in - phone call registrations not accepted.
- When you as an individual or your family's number is called, only those associated with that number (the individual or the family) will be allowed to go through the food pantry, make selections, and exit through the rear of the building.
- NOTE: If you are attending for the first time, please bring with you proof of residence, proof of income for the previous 30 days (example: pay stub or food share benefits), and identification for every member of your household. A family may access Food Pantry assistance once every 21 days.
- Emergency Assistance available by phone OPEN
- Transitional Living Center / Emergency Shelter contact OPEN
- Sunday church service - offered with social distancing, temperatures taken, and masks for attendees. OPEN
- Bible study, women’s group, and Tuesday night programs for kids -- SUSPENDED or VIRTUAL