The Salvation Army of Greater Green Bay Will Continue to Serve Community Amid COVID-19
Nicole Hanley l Community Relations and Marketing Coordinator
The Salvation Army of Greater Green Bay
Green Bay Corps Community Center
626 Union Court, Green Bay, WI 54303
w: 920.391.5297 l f: 920 497 1006
The Salvation Army of Greater Green Bay Will Continue to Serve Community Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
For immediate release March 16, 2020
GREEN BAY - The Salvation Army of Greater Green Bay’s Corps Community Center, located at 626 Union Court, will continue to provide services for those in need during the Coronavirus pandemic. Ongoing Social Service programs still offered to the community include the noon lunch program, food pantry, and emergency utility and rent assistance.
“We understand that the need for food or emergency assistance will heighten during this global crisis, and we are prepared to help our neighbors in need,” said Major Matt O’Neil, Area Coordinator. “Ensuring the safety of our clients, staff, and volunteers is our top priority while best serving community needs. This means temporary modifications to programs and services effective immediately.”
Changes to programs and services are as follows.
Noon Lunch Program:
- Until further notice, the noon lunch program will transition to a take-out program. Following government recommendations to restrict large group gatherings, we are discontinuing use of the lunchroom.
- Lunch will be served outside on the Union Court (West side) of the building from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm.
- The program is still free and available to the public; guests can walk-up or drive-up to receive a meal to-go in a container from our mobile kitchen.
- Clients with previously scheduled pantry appointments will continue to receive groceries as usual.
- Residents of Brown County currently experiencing hardship due to the global health crisis are encouraged to call 920-593-2379 for instructions on participating in the pantry program or information about emergency assistance.
- All senior programming (including senior volleyball league) held at The Corps Community has been suspended until April 13.
Gym Rental/Community Events
- All community programming and facility rentals at Union Court are discontinued until restrictions have been lifted.
“We will get through this together,” said O’Neil. “If there is anything that our experiences have shown us, it’s the strength of our community and willingness to help our neighbors in times of need.”
Those who would like to volunteer or make a donation to support The Salvation Army can do so online at www.sagreenbay.org , or by contacting Jeanne Stangel, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.