Join Love’s Army!
This year we are talking about the holidays earlier than ever before because 2020 is unlike any year we’ve seen.
The iconic red kettles are at risk this year due to COVID-19 while requests for services are at an all-time high.
Quite simply, we need more time, and more help this year to answer the increased needs that are anticipated during the holiday season and beyond. We remain committed to lifting our neighbor’s burdens and spread the joy that the holidays instill.
Based on the increase in services already provided in response to the pandemic, we could see an increase of 155 percent through the Christmas season and beyond, while at the same time up to a 50 percent decrease in funds raised at Red Kettles due to less volunteers, fewer locations, consumers carrying less cash and coins, and the decline in foot traffic.
Distance shouldn't keep us apart! Together we are strong and can embrace our neighbors when they need us most - even from a distance. This year, we have traditional as well as expanded virtual opportunities for individuals, corporations, churches and groups to join Love’s Army to Rescue Christmas and bring hope in 2021.
Last Christmas, our holiday programs provided toys, gift and food to our 2,400 of our neighbors at Christmas. Click here for more information about our Holiday Assistance programs.
Throughout the pandemic our team has worked hard to ensure that the need for critical services continued without interruption thanks to the generous support of the community and grace of God.
We are humbly asking our community, corporate and business partners to please join us to Rescue Christmas, so we can continue to place presents under the tree, put food on the table, keep the lights and heat on, assist with emergency requests and provide emotional and spiritual care during the holidays and throughout 2021.
Here are ways we can work together to make the holidays
bright for our most vulnerable neighbors
This year we are implementing protocols to ensure the health and safety of our bell ringers and your customers and associates - click here for Red Kettle Health and Safety Protocols.
Ideas for individuals, families, groups, churches and businesses
- Host a Red Kettle at your family, church or group holiday event (small counter Red Kettles available)
- Register to bell ring as an individual or group - click here for in person bell ringing locations and virtual bell ringing opportunities.
- Safety is our priority—this year we are implementing several new protocols to ensure the health and safety of
- volunteers and community
- Set up a personal or group virtual Red Kettle
- Adopt a Holiday Food Basket so families can gather around the table in celebration - $35 Donation
- Host an Toy, Gift or Food Drive
- Host a Christmas Wishes or a Food Drive and Hygiene Drive
- Show your team spirit by selling Red Shield Paper Pin-Ups
- Adopt a Teen and spread the joy of the holidays ***Applications for Teen Angels has been extended - contact Ruth at email@example.com
Become a Red Kettle Sponsor
As a Red Kettle Sponsor your company will be supporting people in need in our community and will be well-recognized for your generosity.
Sponsorship levels for Red Kettle Campaign or Matching Red Kettle sponsorship opportunities are available at your request.
Become a Holiday Meal Sponsor
We have sponsorship opportunities for Thanksgiving & Christmas Community Meal and Holiday Food Baskets.
- Sponsor a Holiday Food basket with all the fixings - $35.00 donation
- Holiday Community Meals update: Thank you, Williams Chevrolet for generously sponsoring the Thanksgiving and Christmas Community Meals.
Engage your employees/group in helping their neighbors
The reality of the current situation, though, employee engagement and volunteerism are more important than ever. We have both in person and virtual opportunities.
- In-person Volunteer Opportunities
- Bell Ring - click here for in person bell ringing locations and virtual bell ringing opportunities.
- Assist with holiday community meals
- Assist with Christmas gift sorting, packing and distribution of food and gifts
- Assist with food drive donation food sort
- Watch our website or call Mary at 231-946-4644 ext. 308 for additional opportunities.
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
- Co-Branded and simple to set-up Peer-to-Peer fundraising campaign
- Host an Angel Tree virtually or onsite
- Employee Giving with a co-branded virtual Red Kettle
- Ask them to include a link to donate in their Out of Office Reply
Let us help you as you take your employee Christmas party online this year with fun and engaging elements from The Salvation Army!
Hosting a Salvation Army IMPACT moment, or a full Kettle IMPACT Party program is a way to come together to help others this Christmas.
Ask your customers to join you in supporting The Salvation Army
We can provide you with a co-branded landing page that shows your partnership and support of this year’s campaign. We can also work with you on ways to engage your customers in giving back through a virtual bell ringing platform or Angel Tree.
Host the iconic Salvation Army Red Kettle or Counter Red Kettle
Our Red Kettle partners help us to meet local needs throughout the year and customers love to see our friendly bell ringers outside of stores because they know it’s a symbol of your brand giving back to the community. Click here to find out how you can engage your customers in the spirit of giving.
Hosting a Counter Red Kettle is an ideal way for smaller retail locations to show your support.
Give a Little Change A Lot
Engage customers in the spirit of giving a point of sale campaign. Round-up purchases or give customers that opportunity to make various amount donations.
Paper Pin Ups
Engage customers in the spirit of giving by selling Red Shield Paper Pin-ups for $1.00.
Holiday Assistance programs - Click here
Connect: Please contact with Ruth Blick for more information or to discuss ideas that work for you, your team or business at. Office 231-946-4644 ext. 314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a Donation:
Online: Click here to make a secure Red Kettle online donation
Mail a donation: The Salvation Army Traverse City, PO Box 5228 Traverse City, MI 49696
Click here to find out more about virtual Red Kettles.