2021 Mascot Challenge
Area Mascots Ring Bells to Raise Money for The Salvation Army Quincy Area Command
The Quincy Salvation Army invites the community to show their school spirit during the Captain Kettle Mascot Challenge. Mascots from around the area, including the Quincy High School Blue Devil, Quincy Notre Dame Raider, John Wood Community College Woody, Quincy Gem’s Gem Bird, and Quincy University Hawk will compete claim the coveted Captain Kettle Mascot Challenge trophy. The inaugural Mascot Challenge was held in 2019 with Quincy High School’s Blue Devil winning the competition.
All mascots will ring bells for The Salvation Army for a two-hour period at HyVee on Broadway or County Market on 24th Street.
The mascot schedule is as follows:
- Quincy High Blue Devil - Monday, November 29, from 5pm-7pm at HyVee Broadway - click here to donate
- Quincy Notre Dame Raider - Tuesday, November 30, from 5pm-7pm at HyVee Broadway - click here to donate
- Victor E. Hawk (Quincy University) - Thursday, December 2, from 5pm-7pm at County Market 24th - click here to donate
- Gem Bird (Quincy Gems) - Thursday, December 2, from 5pm-7pm at HyVee Broadway - click here to donate
- Woody the Trailblazer (JWCC) - Friday, December 3, from 5pm-7pm at HyVee Broadway - click here to donate
“This is a great opportunity for the community to support their favorite team and help The Salvation Army meet its Christmas goal,” stated Volunteer Coordinator Jeremy Koren. “We look forward to seeing our community rally behind their favorite team, all while supporting a great cause.”
The winner of the competition will be announced the week of December 13.
For more information about the Captain Kettle Mascot Challenge, please contact Jeremy Koren at 217-231-5633.