Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good
Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
we love volunteers! give yourself a high five for being awesome.
There are a lot of ways to get involved—for individuals or groups, for a one time thing or on a recurring basis:
We desperately need volunteers to help with our pantry. are you a part of a church or service group willing to help? Let us know!
Food Pantry – Client Aid
- Helpers assist clients as they “shop” in our client choice pantry
- Helpers are still needed to cover the 3rd, 4th, and 5th Tuesdays of each month (3:00-4:30pm) and on the 5th Thursday of each month (1:00-2:30pm)
- We’re looking for folks interested in committing to one or more of these days each month as a part of our ongoing volunteer rotation
Food Pantry – Intake Assistant
- Afternoon hours on Tuesdays (3:00-4:30pm) and Thursdays each week (1:00-2:30pm) [or a commitment for certain weeks each month]
- Our intake assistant(s) receives training on processing and inputting food pantry client information into our computer system (basic computer skills needed)
- The intake assistant(s) works alongside our volunteer pantry stocker to keep track of food stocks/needs and coordinate food orders with the Corps Officer
- Flexible hours (we typically need up to 15-20 hours of total help each week)
- Answer phones and direct calls, greet clients, assist with minor administrative tasks
ring the bell (seasonal)
- Gather some friends or family, pick a date & time and visit registertoring.com to sign up for a volunteer bellringing shift! Helping out during our seasonal fundraising ensures we are able to offer the critical support and services we do all year long.
emergency disaster services (eds)
- Become a certified EDS volunteer to serve on our mobile canteen unit and respond to local natural disasters and emergency situations*
- Volunteers offer practical and material support to victims and first-responders
- Advanced training/certification available for those interested in serving as national and international EDS response team members
- Assist with our character building programs for boys and girls on Monday evenings*
- Musicians needed for Sunday AM worship gatherings
community care ministries
- Nursing home and hospital visitation and gift distributions*
- Handyman projects
- Lawn care and beautification projects
- Light cleaning & organizing
If you’re interested or curious, contact Major Mark Litherland
(765) 289-7924 Ext. 10 or Mark_Litherland@usc.salvationarmy.org
*Ongoing contact with youth and/or vulnerable adults requires a background check and Safe From Harm certification (free training available on-site). EDS certification requires completion of the appropriate course for desired deployment level (free training available on-site or regionally).