Currently, the Quad Cities communities will see the following changes to local Salvation Army operations:
- All Salvation Army Family services are being handled over the phone with no in-office appointments: Please call 563-324-4808.
- All other activities at the Quad Cities Family Services, and the Davenport and Moline Heritage Temple Corps, are cancelled until further notice.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- Food - Our Food Pantry services continue at 100 Kirkwood Blvd. in Davenport
- Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (until further notice)
- The Food Pantry at The Heritage Temple Corps location at 2200 5th Ave. in Moline, is operating Tuesdays & Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- We are also opening the kitchen to other agencies to prepare daily meals for individuals and families, affected by COVID-19, who are sheltered in local hotels
- Shelter - We are assisting homeless families in the Quad Cities.
- During the month of March we provided 465 nights of shelter through our normal shelter program. Additionally we provided 221 nights of shelter to families affected by COVID-19. These services are continuing in the month of April
- Additional Services -The Salvation Army is acting as the point of collection of donated Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) that will be distributed to first responder and medical personal to help assure their safety. Also, we are working in partnership with other Quad Cities social service agencies helping to underwrite the unexpected financial cost.
- Worship Services - The two Quad Cities Salvation Army Corps are holding a combined church service each Sunday at 11:00 a.m. on our Facebook Page.
What You Can Do
DONATE ONLINE - Support our relief efforts today with a monetary gift, Just Click Here
- Why Give? A great reason to share what you can to our mission today is part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), which allows up to $300 per taxpayer ($600 for a married couple) to be taken as a one-time deduction on 2020 tax returns. Please consider this as another reason to help our local Quad City neighbors in need!
SHARE SUPPLIES - If you wish to donate non-perishable food items, hygiene / sanitation supplies, or paper products please Contact Us Here
We thank our communities and supporters for understanding the importance of these changes in order to help mitigate the further spread of this virus.
For all questions about this topic, please contact Bill Horrell at (563) 324-4808.
Read our Official Divisional Pandemic Response