Join The Salvation Army Traverse City Advisory Board
Use your passion for giving back to your community & creativity to find ways to serve your neighbors in need
by joining The Salvation Army Traverse City Advisory Board.
IMPORTANCE OF ADVISORY BOARD
Our Advisory Board members are volunteer leaders of The Salvation Army who are passionate about giving back to their communities and are creative in finding ways to serve their neighbors in need.
Few organizations are more dependent on their boards or advisory organizations than The Salvation Army. Our advisory board is absolutely essential in the work and acceptance of The Salvation Army in Grand Traverse, Leelanau, and Benzie Counties.
Why are the members of The Salvation Army Advisory Board so critical?
• The Advisory Board is a stabilizing unit and a significant element of continuity for the Army in a community.
• Advisory Board members play a leading role in fund and resource development along with fiscal accountability. Since each local Salvation Army Corps unit must stand on its own financially, the Advisory Board must be involved in this process to help ensure a solid financial operation and appropriate accountability to the community.
• Advisory Board members are a liaison role between The Salvation Army and the community. They are critical in increasing the visibility of the organization and its interaction within the community.
• Advisory Board members interpret the community to The Salvation Army so as to understand its pulse, character, and needs. This assists in providing a better understanding for developing appropriate programs, partnerships, and funding resources.
• Advisory Board members are instrumental in developing goals and a strategic plan of action to achieve those goals. Advisory Board members are doers.
Click here to download an Advisory Board Member recruitment packet.
For additional information contact Lt. Matthew Winters at 231.946.4644 ext 301 or via email at email@example.com.