Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good
Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
Providing help and hope to those in need
Hope marches on this holiday season with one of the best ways to help people in need, through the Share the Season program. Share the Season is a joint effort of The Salvation Army and The Wichita Eagle bringing community together for over two decades and making a positive impact on people who are in need. These dollars fill the gaps left by other assistance programs.
Thank you to all who donated to the program in 2020. Together, we raised a total of $269,000 helping 298 families, which included our efforts to prevent 137 families from becoming homeless.
A few quick facts about Share the Season (STS):
- STS is a special program providing help and hope to those in need in Sedgwick County during the holiday season
- Families who do not qualify for other indigent programs apply for assistance and are screened carefully by the Salvation Army personnel to verify needs
- Recipients must have experienced a major event or situation within the past six months that has resulted in a need for financial help
- Each family can receive one-time assistance for needs such as utilities, paying medical bills, etc.
- Payments are made directly to vendors, such as the bank or utility company
- Best way possible to get charitable donations directly to those in need
- The Wichita Eagle donates ad space and runs daily stories on families in need
- STS works in the best possible way, reaching those in need and encouraging our community to be charitable
- Program began in 2000, raising $72,069.59 and helping 100 families the first year
- This year, The Salvation Army is administering the project and a full report will be available at the completion of the campaign.
- The Salvation Army is proud to maintain minimal administrative expenses with a minimum of 85% of funds raised directly benefiting our neighbors.
Applications for 2021 will open on November 1, 2021.
Partner with us to better our community! Donate now!