The Salvation Army celebrates the birth of Christ by spreading His hope, love and joy to less fortunate members of our community. In fact, our gift-giving programs and fundraising initiatives are a direct answer to God's calling to care for the poor, hungry, sick, and displaced. From physical needs such as grocery, utility and gift assistance, to emotional experiences including holiday events and traditions, to spiritual guidance that provides healing and hope, we work to assist the whole person through gifts that serve the body, mind and soul.
Especially during the holiday season, needed assistance with everyday problems can help a family have the hope they need to start the new year. The Salvation Army assists families with temporal needs by providing food, utility, and other assistance. Through our holistic approach to serving the whole person, we supplement every service with emotional and spiritual support.
2018 Christmas Assistance
Nov. 5-9 December 3-7 December 8
Monday – Friday Monday – Friday Saturday
10:00-12:00 12:00-3:00 pm 10am-2pm
The Salvation Army of Sault Sainte Marie will be taking applications for Chippewa Co. residents who need a little extra help this Christmas Season.
Assistance is based upon income.
To ensure a complete application, please bring all of the following items with you. Without these items, your application cannot be processed.
1. Identification of applicant:, for example: driver’s license, passport, green card, government issued ID, etc.
2. Identification for all other household members, for example: birth certificate, Medicaid card, government issued ID, etc.
3. Documentation of current income, for example: check stubs, SSI statements, proof of cash assistance, etc.
4. Evidence of current address, for example: current lease, utility bill, etc.
· If you have a Bridgecard or receive WIC - bring in the card
If you have already signed up for Christmas assistance elsewhere please do not reapply. When we find out you have signed up with another agency we will drop your name from our list.