Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
The Salvation Army has changed lives and given hope to countless people throughout the nation. But it never does it alone.
There are many different ways to get involved with The Salvation Army. We offer volunteers a chance to change people's lives across a wide range of activities and programs - all the while, being changed themselves.
All of our volunteer opportunities are coordinated locally, where our staff understands exactly how you can be of the most help to most people. Our current volunteer needs are listed below.
Social Service Opportunities
Food Pantry Assistant (Eau Claire or Chippewa Falls)
Help feed those in need within our community! We need hands to help stock shelves, pack bags and distribute food. Perfect for individuals and families! Minimum of 1-hour commitment.
Social Services Assistant Data Entry
Serve patrons as needed. Minimum commitment of 1 day per week. Minimum commitment of 1 year.
To sign up for one or more of the opportunities listed above, please email Amanda_Radle@usc.salvationarmy.org and list which position(s) you are interested in. To save time, please make sure you are registered on www.myVolunteerPage.com.
Center Assistant Opportunities
Help us keep the facility tidy! 8-10 hour commitment per week.
Greet patrons as they enter our facility. Greet those calling our facility. Serve patrons as needed.
To sign up for one or more of the opportunities listed above, please email Karen_Frederick@usc.salvationarmy.org and list which position(s) you are interested in. To save time, please make sure you are registered on www.myVolunteerPage.com.
November 4 - December 24, 2016
9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. (Monday - Saturday)
If you want to volunteer, follow these instructions to register and sign up for dates and times.
1. Log on to www.ringbells.org.
2. Click on the state of Wisconsin.
3. Click on the county you want to ring in - either Eau Claire or Chippewa County.
4. If you have not registered as a volunteer on this site before, scroll down to the heading 'You Make a Difference' and click 'Register Here' next to Active Volunteers.
5. Fill out the contact information.
6. Once registered, click on 'Bell Ringing 2016' under 'Featured Opportunity' on the main page.
7. Choose the location you want to ring bells at and sign up for the shifts that work for you! If you have any questions about how to register, choose locations or sign up for times, please call (715) 834-1224.
Toys for Tots
We need volunteers for many Toys for Tots associated days! Below are the dates and times we need help! If you are interested, contact Karen Frederick at (715) 834-1224 or Karen_Frederick@usc.salvationarmy.org.
November 1: Toys for Tots collection begins
October 31 - November 11: Christmas Application Process 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
December 9: Last day to collect toys for Toys for Tots
December 8: Sorting and packing starts
December 21: Toy Distribution Day 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
December 22: Christmas Late Day 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.