There are many ways to help support the work of The Salvation Army in Decatur. When you make a donation, you ensure that the people in your community get the help they need and deserve. We need people like you to join us in the fight for good by giving your time, talent, and resources so we can continue serving others. Thank you for giving what you can.
Sign up to RING BELLS
- Contact The Salvation Army at 428-4672 or (closer to the season) go directly to www.RegisterToRing.com.
- Contact Kyle Karsten - Development Director to reserve a location and time or to discuss the details of signing up a group. You can email Mr. Karsten at email@example.com or call him at 428-4672. Cover a location for a half day or even a full day. Cover a location for a standing day and time for the Christmas Season.
- Ask others to join you by making a donation of their time or money.
- Set up your own Virtual Kettle and share this giving opportunity with your family, friends, & colleagues at work by emailing, texting, or sharing it on your own social Media.
Christmas also gives opportunity to: host your own Red Kettle or Angel Tree for toys or stocking stuffers at a church, school, or business OR volunteer to support or help with our Toy Shop or Food Baskets Distribution. Contact us to arrange how your group will support families this Christmas.
Consider a Donation
- Join our Kettle Club at a platinum, gold, silver, bronze, or red level. November and December are perfect months to donate, but you are needed in the other months of the year too as we meet the needs of our community all year round. So, you can join at anytime. Contact us to make your donation or donate online.
- Be a Sponsor for one of our Fund-raising Events and you will also be a member of the Kettle Club.
- Ask us how to DOUBLE THE IMPACT of your gift using our MATCHING GIFT at one of our Events.
Support Our Fundraising Events
- Ask how you can be a Sponsor or a Participant to Attend one of our Events. Join our Kettle Club by making a sponsor donation to one of our events. Your donation may also be matched as part of some of the yearly fundraising events.
- National Donut Day in June (first Friday in June each year)
- "Christmas in July" in July
- Golf Outing in August
- Piano Concert in November
- Dinner Gala in December
Purchase our RED KETTLE BLEND COFFEE - available at the Decatur Salvation Army
- The Decatur Salvation Army has its own coffee blend. Ask us about our RED KETTLE BLEND. This is a 1 lb bag of coffee sold all year round for only $10 a bag. We would love if our Red Kettle Blend would be your coffee of choice at your home, business office, church, or school. Proceeds go to support the programs helping the needy in our community AND it is amazing coffee. This is a partnership with our local roaster Marquis Beverage. Local Roaster. Local Agency. Helping our Local Community. It is a WIN WIN WIN situation.
Become a Volunteer - Call Us at 217-428-4672
- Serving hands-on and seeing the difference you have created is just one of the great rewards volunteering can give you. By supporting our services and mission with your time and effort you also meet great people in your community, gain valuable experience and insight alongside other professionals, and make great memories supporting The Salvation Army.
- SEASONAL VOLUNTEERS: help ring bells, collect & distribute toys, or assemble & distribute food baskets this Christmas.
- Help us year-round in our food pantry.
Serve on our Advisory Board
- You can be even more involved and help direct the path of the Salvation Army in Decatur & Macon Country by sharing your time and experience as an Advisory Board member. Monthly Committee Meetings support areas around: Finance, Programs, Property, or Development. Monthly Board Meetings share the work of these committees and day to day impact provided. Contact us for any further questions.
Donate Goods & Shop Our ReSale Stores
- Your donations to The Salvation Army Family Stores help fund our programs, change lives, and restore families. Call the Decatur store to arrange pick (217) 876-1859 or visit them at 2901 N. Water Street (across from St. Theresa High School).
Become a Fundraiser
- Have an idea of your own? We always encourage our communities to undertake The Salvation Army's message in their own life. Organizing your own fundraiser is a great way to do so. Create a campaign with us for a cause that you are passionate about and get those around you involved as well. Arrange for a collection of personal items that can be used on site with our shelter or given to families in need. Arrange to set up your own Virtual Kettle each Christmas. Host your own Red Kettle at one of your own group events in the community.
- Show your business a new side of success by helping The Salvation Army serve those who are vulnerable and in need. Build a lasting relationship with us and this community that will create real change.
Bonds, Funds, Stocks & IRA Rollover
- Make a gift of your securities to help those who need it most.
Planned Giving, Wills, & Gift Annuities
- Provide hope for the future with a gift that goes towards sustaining our works for the future. With your generosity we can continue to carry out God's plan through services that do the most good.
Thanks for your consideration & support!!
Together, we do the most good!!