BAG, BIN, BASKET, BOX HOPE TO SHARE THIS CHRISTMAS
The Salvation Army launches a campaign to collect and share specific items most needed; invites businesses, families, churches, to collect HOPE
Christmastime is a special time of celebration, especially in Fond du Lac County. The Salvation Army has shared Christmas mealtime items, toys for children up to 16 years and practical gifts for adults including seniors and veterans for over 130 years. Toys with young people up to 16 yrs. and under; practical gifts with adults and items for a traditional Christmas meal, all with help from businesses, organizations, churches and families.
This Christmas, twice as many families are trying to provide for their families with half as much. Brighten the holiday for families working hard to put food on the table, keep gas in the tank, a roof overhead and all the basics. We invite you to help us box and bag up hope. Here's how it works:
EITHER choose a container to fill - a box or bag, bin or basket. Label it Box/Bag/Basket/Bin of Hope shared with love by ______ (first names are fine). Decorate your container. Add a note of hope (optional)
OR request x amount of our Salvation Army reusable bags (available on first come, first serve basis).
Choose from the categories of items that will make the holidays brightest:
- Children’s winter gear (waterproof gloves, mittens, snow pants, NEW socks and underwear),
- Toiletries (shampoo, deodorant, toilet paper, kleenex, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes),
- Cleaning/laundry supplies (window cleaner, all purpose cleaner, sponges, mops, brooms, buckets, paper towel, laundry detergent, dryer sheets),
- Tween & Teen gifts (earbuds, books, games, gift cards, fuzzy socks, mittens, furry slipper socks, candles)
- Family gifts (crock pots, flannel sheets, family movie tickets, towels)
- “Things to Do” (NEW adult/children/family games, books, craft kits, etc.),
- Unexpected kindnesses (this one the donor decides)
Collect and fill your container. Return it to The Salvation Army by___________, just in time to brighten the holiday!!
To donate funds in leu of filling bags, please mail in a check to The Salvation Army of Fond du Lac, 237 N. Macy St., 54935 or go to our virtual red kettle: