BAGS OF HOPE COLLECTS PRACTICAL KINDNESS THAT CHANGES LIVES
The Salvation Army Invites Community To Collect Items Clients Need Most, When They Are Most Needed
Giving feels good. Knowing we make a difference for someone else feeds our soul. Knowing you've lightened the load of families working hard to put food on the table, keep gas in the tank, a roof overhead and fund all life's necessities is rewarding. More than items, you share hope. The Salvation Army invites you into the BAGS OF HOPE Campaign, and guides you through collecting items most needed and sharing them in time to make a life changing difference. This is our BAGS OF HOPE COLLECTION. Here's how it works:
EITHER choose a container of your own for your collection
OR email Connie.firstname.lastname@example.org and reserve our Salvation Army reusable red bags.
Choose from the list of items that will do the most to lighten another's load, and keep that Christmas spirit humming year round :
- Children’s supplies (diapers, wipes, NEW socks and underwear and winter waterproof gloves, mittens, snow pants)
- Toiletries (shampoo, deodorant, toilet paper, kleenex, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes)
- Cleaning supplies (window cleaner, all purpose cleaner, sponges, mops, brooms, buckets, toilet bowl brush, toilet bowl cleaner)
- Paper products (paper towel, facial tissue, toilet paper)
- Feminine Supplies (pads, tampons)
- Laundry supplies (laundry detergent, dryer sheets)
- Unexpected kindnesses (this one the donor decides)
- Seasonal supplies:
- Summer Brown Bag Lunch supplies (peanut butter, individually wrapped fruit cups, drinks, desserts and snacks)
- Winter Warming Shelter supplies (NEW socks and underwear, sweat pants, t shirts, meal supplies/providers)
- Christmas Gift Supplies
Tween & Teen gifts (earbuds, books, games, gift cards, fuzzy socks, mittens, furry slipper socks, candles)
Family gifts (crock pots, flannel sheets, family movie tickets, towels)
“Things to Do” (NEW adult/children/family games, books, craft kits, etc.)
Fill your container. Invite your church, co-workers, organization, neighborhood, friends, family to join in!
Return it to The Salvation Army. Be blessed, and know your kindness has blessed someone at a time when it's most needed.
RATHER DONATE FUNDS AND LET US SHOP? To donate funds instead of filling bags, please mail in a check to The Salvation Army of Fond du Lac, 237 N. Macy St., 54935