Volunteer in this Community
Ways we help in this Community
Donate to this Community
How you can help in this community
Hear More from this Community

Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good

Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!

Please enter your first name
Please enter your last name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter a valid zip code
Toy Shop Registration Information Image

Toy Shop Registration Information

Registration at Milwaukee City Salvation Army Corps and Distribution Center

In order to meet the anticipated requests for toys this year, registration will be a one step process. This registration process will run from November 1, 2021– December 1, 2021 at the following locations:

  • Distribution Center – 5880 N. 60th (414) 464-2971
    • Monday – Wednesday 9 AM until 3 PM; walk in only
  • Citadel Corps – 4129 W. Villard Avenue (414) 463-3300
    • Mondays 9 AM until Noon and 1 PM until 4 PM; call for an appointment
    • Tuesdays 1 PM until 4 PM; call for an appointment
    • Thursdays 12:30 PM until 3 PM; call for an appointment
    • AND Wednesday, December 1st only will be walk in only; 9 AM until Noon
  • Coldspring Corps – 2900 W. Coldspring Road (414) 763-9797
    • Online preregistration beginning November 1st.
    • Please call for appointment to complete the process.
  • West Corps – 1645 N. 25th Street (414) 342-9191
    • Mondays through Thursdays 10 AM until Noon; 1PM until 3 PM

How do I qualify to receive toys?

You must register your children at one of the four Milwaukee Salvation Army locations

Where are the locations? Call for dates and times

  • Distribution Center – 5880 N. 60th (414) 464-2971
  • Citadel Corps – 4129 W. Villard Avenue (414) 463-3300
  • Coldspring Corps – 2900 W. Coldspring Road (414) 763-9797
  • West Corps – 1645 N. 25th Street (414) 342-9191
  • If you live in the following zip codes: 53110, 53129, 53130, 53132, 53154, 53172, 53207, 53220, 53221, 53228, 53235 You will be served by the Salvation Army Oak Creek Corps. Please call 414.762.3993 for information and to schedule your appointment.

Appointments will begin on November 1st and run Monday through Friday from 9 AM until 3 PM with the last day of registration being Wednesday, December 1st. Distribution for the Oak Creek Corp will be on Saturday, December 18th from 9 AM until 4 PM.

What ages of children can receive toys?

Children born on or after January 1, 2009 (ages 0 – 12) are eligible to receive toys.

What do I need to bring with me to register for toys?

To register children, parents or guardians as Head of Household must provide proof of their own identity, and their residence/address, and proof of the birthdate(s) of their child(ren)

How do I prove my identity?

Provide ONE of these documents as proof of identity:

  • Current Driver’s License or valid picture ID Card (not expired)
  • Passport or Visa
  • Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
  • Employment Authorization Card I-766
  • Federal I-94 Arrival/Departure record
  • US Military Personnel ID

How do I prove my residence?

Provide ONE of these documents as proof of residence/address;

  • Postmarked envelope, postcard or magazine label with name and date
  • Driver’s license or ID card with current address listed
  • Utility bill (gas/electric/cable), bank statement or a letter from a government agency that has your name and home address listed
  • Letter, lease, rent receipt with home address from landlord
  • Property tax records or mortgage statement

To register children to receive toys, proof of the child’s birth date is required. No child will be registered without this documentation.

How do I prove my child’s age?

Provide ONE of these documents containing proof of a child’s birth date (Foster Parents, Caregivers & Placement Resource Families can provide the Child’s Placement Verification Letter as documentation):

  • Birth Certificate for each child
  • W-2 Statement/Notice of Decision with information that matches photo ID and contains full birth dates
  • Child’s Placement Verification Letter for each child (Foster Parents, Caregivers & Placement Resource Families)
  • Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
  • U.S. Certificate of Naturalization
  • Wisconsin Notification of Birth Registration
  • Public Immunization Record printout containing birthdate o (http://dhfsWIR.org)

Digital/Electronic Documentation will NOT be accepted.

What if I don’t have the right information to register?

Proof of the child’s birth date is required. If you do not have documentation, it is your responsibility to obtain it. For assistance we suggest you contact the Milwaukee County Courthouse or W-2 offices.

When can I register for toys?

November 1, 2021 – December 1, 2021

What if I Received Toys in 2020?

Families that participated in the 2020 Milwaukee Toy Shop are not automatically eligible to register for toys in 2021. You must register for the 2021 Toy Shop

Can I bring my children with me to register for toys?

No. Please do not bring children with you.

What if I can’t get there to register? Can someone else register for me?

Yes. They must bring your required documentation along with the required documentation for each child. In addition, they must provide a letter from you stating that they have permission to complete the registration for you and the reason you are unable to register.

Where can I call to get information about registering for toys?

Call the Toy Shop at 414-464-2971