Local Partners During the Pandemic
The Salvation Army of Tazewell County received $2,500 from Luminant’s Edwards Power Plant to help in their efforts to meet the needs of the community during the COVID-19 crisis. This generous gift will help The Salvation Army purchase food for the food pantry and provide assistance to those people struggling to buy food or pay bills.
“In moments of tremendous need, Tazewell County residents dedicate themselves to Doing the Most Good for their neighbors. This donation reflects that commitment, and The Salvation Army is so thankful to Edwards Power Plant for supporting our essential services during this battle against COVID-19.” - Lt. Brandon Lewis
While Edwards Power Plant employees remain on the job as essential workers doing their part to keep powering central Illinois, they’re proud to support people who need help in Tazewell County-- as they always have, through good times and bad,” said Brad Watson, Luminant’s director of community affairs.
The goal of The Salvation Army of Tazewell County is to be there whenever someone in our community needs assistance. They currently provide the following services to make sure people who need help are able to receive it:
- Food Pantry is available Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.; the ministry team has prepackaged food boxes available for families or individuals.
- The Salvation Army continues to partner with Pekin School District 108 to provide meals for school-aged children in Pekin
- This “Grab & Go” Feeding Program provides sandwiches and veggies for students in need of a meal.This program is being offered Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Derby Street front office doors.
- The Rust Transitional Center is continuing to serve men, women, and children of Tazewell County.
- Our residents continue to receive home cooked meals, with eLearning and tutoring available for any students in the Center.
- All weekly programs (Sunday Services, Life Group Ministries, Youth Programs) have moved online to help keep everyone safe.
- The Salvation Army of Tazewell County encourages anyone in the public to reach out for more information on how to get involved in their spiritual life community - (309) 346-3010
If you, or someone you know, would like a phone call with prayer or encouragement from the pastors, please contact us on Facebook -
Pastors Brandon and Megan Lewis would love to talk with you!
For additional information on any of the program or services for The Salvation Army serving Tazewell County:
Contact Kathy Anderson at (309) 339-3849 or Lt. Brandon Lewis at (309) 613-3021.