8 fun new ways to support a cause you care about
There's a new way to support a cause you care about. And, it can mean a lot of fun for you and those you know.
We've just launched a new site that allows you to create your own fundraiser to support The Salvation Army at any time. Creating a fundraiser is a great way to amplify your impact by asking your friends and family to join you in helping others. It's also a great way to build relationships by doing something good together. And when you do, you provide hope to those in need in your community.
Here are 8 fundraising ideas to get you started:
- Start a New Tradition: Host a dinner party and encourage guests to donate to your fundraiser for a seat at the table.
- Open a Hot Chocolate Stand: Set up a stand outside your local church and serve up hot cocoa for a good cause.
- Take on a Challenge: Encourage your friends and family to donate in honor of your participation in a marathon, 5K or other athletic event.
- Donate Your Day: Ask your friends and family to donate to The Salvation Army in honor of your birthday, wedding, or anniversary.
- Give Christmas Away: In lieu of gifts this holiday season, ask others to make a donation to your fundraiser and give the gift of helping someone in need.
- Do Something Shocking: Incentivize others to join in the fun by declaring that you'll shave your head, or something similar, if they help you reach your fundraising goal.
- Use Your Skills: Are you a talented musician or artist? Host an evening event at your home, like a concert or art show, where people can donate as their ticket in.
- Host an Auction: Post items you'd like to sale on social media, but have the winning bidders "pay" with an online donation to your fundraiser.